It has began! 54 International Harvester Bobber build.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small update!

OK OK It's been a while since any updates!
I have been teasing Rod for the last two days with nondescript text msgs!
Got allot going on in the shop and with Christmas (Merry Christmas to all RRR members) so, not much happening on the IH.
I did do some playing around with the grill though!
I sectioned a 38 ford grill 7"[;). Cut the hood to contour the grill and tacked into place. I made a template for the sides and that's where I'm at now!
I will work on it some more and post pics by this wknd ![P

Attachments

• rodgrill3.jpg
    rodgrill3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 137
  • rodgrill.jpg
    rodgrill.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 106
  • rodgrill4.jpg
    rodgrill4.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 121
Finally!
Let the cat outta the bag. Been teasin me forever. LOL Im definatly diggin it. Now Ill have to come out and bug ya. Tnx, Porter. I really needed good news today. You da man! RR[dr

Update

Went out to the shop for a little bit this morning and messed around with Rods grill.[;) Shot some brown paint on the new fabbed stuff to blend it with old painted flames. Added original grill center emblem and stuck back on truck.
Then I went for a ride in my 29 sedan. LOL[cl[cl

Attachments

• rodgrill5.jpg
    rodgrill5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 62
  • rodgrill6.jpg
    rodgrill6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 72
  • rodgrill7.jpg
    rodgrill7.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 59
  • rodgrill8.jpg
    rodgrill8.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 60
Man That turned out sweet! I love the angle of it. You slammed that out fast Porter! Love the IH emblem to. :D RR

Tnx, Colorado

Mr gussetts pretty amazing at his metal work. Hes got some wild ideas to. Im excited to get this thing a roller. Wont be long.:D RR

Hello All.

Well after months n months of trying to get this thing started, Its finally coming together. Or should I say coming apart.:D

54 IH, Chopped, Dropped n Blown! Heres wat we have so far In the Mockup. Still Moving n measuring but You get the idea. It has Dual Rear Semi tires and were using Either the Old IH rear or a 14 bolt narrowed with low to mid 500ish gearing to get these tires a rollin.

Its gettin a 7-8 inch Chop and Were runnin trhe front axle out a little before the Grill. Mr Gussett has an nsane idea on the Suspension that will be bad!!

Engine will be a 355ci sbc with a Weiand 6-71 blower. Already got that settin in my garage. And were gonna fab up some crazy Zoomies with Motorcycle Baffles.

Well heres the pics. Give me oppinions. Tnx, RR

Looks great im almost thinkn of switching my to a shorty truck kida set up! yours is lookin SWEET!!!

Just ordered 4 big ole semi truck air bags for my binder. Great price. Get ready to do sum rabbinic Mr gussett. Lol[cl
rr

Fabbing. Not rabbinac. Lol. Rr

Can't wait to see this one rolling on its own! You guys have done some great work on this truck. It's an inspiration to us shade tree rabbinac'ers.

I've made it a goal to do some rabbinacing on mine every week. Doesn't matter how little it is, as long as some progress is being made.
I made that goal when some friends came by and asked what was wrong since they hadn't seen any progress for weeks. That lit a fire under my gas.

My hopes are to have it running by the end of this summer.

Rabbinac on!!!

Lol. Mighta invented a new word.
Yea mid Feb and close to spring and NOW it snows. Lol
Every part is one step closer.:D
RR

Heres me with my new semi truck air bags......Heres my new air bag compared to the kinda normal 2600lber type...... and last is a pic of the IH with the visor hooked on to it. Enjoy, RR:D

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 126
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 168

Latest posts

Back