Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Undead Sleds... makin' old tin Undead every day! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk

Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk General discussion of car type stuff!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2221  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:58 PM
forbigpicture's Avatar
forbigpicture forbigpicture is offline
Please stand by.......
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 6,599
Default

Congrat's sc, beautiful kids....
__________________
Learned a lot from my mistakes....think I'll make a few more....
Reply With Quote
  #2222  
Old 01-21-2020, 03:51 PM
kenny c kenny c is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Greenwich R.I.
Posts: 4,149
Default

Congrats. Here's to a long and happy union.
Reply With Quote
  #2223  
Old 01-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Tripper's Avatar
Tripper Tripper is offline
Older and more rusted every day!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Tejas
Posts: 13,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc5080 View Post
Its not car or shop related but pretty major for me ... my youngest daughter got married this weekend. Biggest snow storm of the year but we managed to "git 'er done"!
They're both gorgeous... congrats! When my youngest got married I said... "We got her married off & they didn't suspect a thing"! She didn't think it was very funny!

BoB
__________________
Rust... Mother Nature's paint job... don't fool with Mother Nature!

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Reply With Quote
  #2224  
Old 01-21-2020, 04:59 PM
05snopro440's Avatar
05snopro440 05snopro440 is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 4,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
They're both gorgeous... congrats! When my youngest got married I said... "We got her married off & they didn't suspect a thing"! She didn't think it was very funny!

BoB
Come on, that's funny right there!
__________________
My 455 Buick powered '46 GMC Build Thread

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Reply With Quote
  #2225  
Old 01-21-2020, 05:01 PM
BillM's Avatar
BillM BillM is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 1,821
Default

Congrats SC, like they've all said - great looking girls! You must be very proud.
Reply With Quote
  #2226  
Old 01-21-2020, 06:49 PM
sc5080's Avatar
sc5080 sc5080 is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
Congrats SC, like they've all said - great looking girls! You must be very proud.
Thanks guys. Yes, I am very proud of them. Michelle is a microbiologist and Breanna is Dr. Breanna DVM - a veterinarian involved in research and finishing her PhD.
Reply With Quote
  #2227  
Old 01-25-2020, 10:57 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is offline
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 8,000
Default

I discovered a water leak.

The pressure seemed a little weak, so I had to investigate...

My house has no basement, only shallow crawlspaces. The foundation is "divided" due to necessary support wall footings, so there is no access to the middle section, unless you're a cat.



I have an access hatch in the back section and another in the front section. I opened the back hatch and the space was dry, but I could faintly hear a hiss. Fabulous. I went to the front section, opened trapdoor #2 and... Lake Superior.

Naturally, the main shut off is in that section and the lake is about 20" deep. I figger the valve is 10 - 12 inches above the surface of the lake. I know from experience, the hole is deepest at the door and quickly tapers up. I also know I have to lie down and squirm a few feet to reach the main valve, so I'm looking at total submersion in literally freezing cold water. I think not.

So, I dropped a pump into my arctic basin and ran it 'til it sucked wind, which leaves a couple inches behind. Time to play in the mud. (Yes, it's mud. Dirt when it's dry.) I quickly found the issue, slithered to the main valve and shut it off. Now, I'm going to cut the line and install a ball valve to isolate the leaking section.

As luck would have it, there's another depression in the dirt/mud, right where I need to lie and work. This pond is about 8" deep and large enough to fit me from ass to ear. I flopped myself into the pool, immediately gasped for breath and retreated. My wife and son were standing guard, heard me trying to catch my breath and she said, "If you have a heart attack down there, we can't get you out." Very funny, Mrs. Crank. I snapped back, "If I have a heart attack, close the damn door and throw some flowers on it." (That'll shut 'er up.)

Back in the pool, turning numb by the second, still fighting to breathe, but I'm breathing... I promptly dropped my bloody mini tube cutter in the bloody slimy mud. Now I'm a little hot. My hair started to steam, but the rest of me was still freezing and I was losing feeling in my hands. Comedian wife threw me a towel and I wiped the cutter, but it was still slick and difficult to tighten. What seemed like an eternity, a few frantic minutes later, I had the tube cut. A few more frantic minutes and I had the ball valve cinched onto the line... I closed the new ball valve, greased back over to the main valve and OPEN. No leaky.

I crawled out of the hole and briefly considered throwing the wife in. Maybe next time. When the hole dries up, I'll go back and replace the line.

.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house.jpg (45.0 KB, 99 views)
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Reply With Quote
  #2228  
Old 01-25-2020, 11:24 PM
maverickmk's Avatar
maverickmk maverickmk is offline
Rebel Rodder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cocoa FL
Posts: 9,144
Default

Well, at least your pipes won't freeze with the pipes leaking.
Just trying to help you look at the silver lining
__________________
Die with memories, not dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #2229  
Old 01-26-2020, 12:24 AM
lowbudget50's Avatar
lowbudget50 lowbudget50 is offline
Creators of all things awesome
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,306
Default

My old house had the main break under it where some genius screwed copper directly into galvanized pipe. It was mid Feb when that happened. I hate Wet cold crawl spaces!! Glad you got it fixed!!

I polished chrome on a cadillac today! Hahaha
Then went and looked at another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0125201541_HDR.jpg (99.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 0124201115_HDR.jpg (129.5 KB, 13 views)
__________________
Trailer queens suck! Build it, drive it and be safe!

Minterfab.com
Reply With Quote
  #2230  
Old 01-26-2020, 05:37 AM
DozerII's Avatar
DozerII DozerII is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Saskatchewan Can.
Posts: 4,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
I discovered a water leak.

The pressure seemed a little weak, so I had to investigate...

My house has no basement, only shallow crawlspaces. The foundation is "divided" due to necessary support wall footings, so there is no access to the middle section, unless you're a cat.



I have an access hatch in the back section and another in the front section. I opened the back hatch and the space was dry, but I could faintly hear a hiss. Fabulous. I went to the front section, opened trapdoor #2 and... Lake Superior.

Naturally, the main shut off is in that section and the lake is about 20" deep. I figger the valve is 10 - 12 inches above the surface of the lake. I know from experience, the hole is deepest at the door and quickly tapers up. I also know I have to lie down and squirm a few feet to reach the main valve, so I'm looking at total submersion in literally freezing cold water. I think not.

So, I dropped a pump into my arctic basin and ran it 'til it sucked wind, which leaves a couple inches behind. Time to play in the mud. (Yes, it's mud. Dirt when it's dry.) I quickly found the issue, slithered to the main valve and shut it off. Now, I'm going to cut the line and install a ball valve to isolate the leaking section.

As luck would have it, there's another depression in the dirt/mud, right where I need to lie and work. This pond is about 8" deep and large enough to fit me from ass to ear. I flopped myself into the pool, immediately gasped for breath and retreated. My wife and son were standing guard, heard me trying to catch my breath and she said, "If you have a heart attack down there, we can't get you out." Very funny, Mrs. Crank. I snapped back, "If I have a heart attack, close the damn door and throw some flowers on it." (That'll shut 'er up.)

Back in the pool, turning numb by the second, still fighting to breathe, but I'm breathing... I promptly dropped my bloody mini tube cutter in the bloody slimy mud. Now I'm a little hot. My hair started to steam, but the rest of me was still freezing and I was losing feeling in my hands. Comedian wife threw me a towel and I wiped the cutter, but it was still slick and difficult to tighten. What seemed like an eternity, a few frantic minutes later, I had the tube cut. A few more frantic minutes and I had the ball valve cinched onto the line... I closed the new ball valve, greased back over to the main valve and OPEN. No leaky.

I crawled out of the hole and briefly considered throwing the wife in. Maybe next time. When the hole dries up, I'll go back and replace the line.

.
That is no way to spend Side View Saturday Doc. Why is it that when we are as close as a guy can get to loosing it, women pick that time to squirt a little gas on the fire. Glad you got it stopped up.
__________________
Glen
My 29 Essex Build http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34026

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Rat Rods Rule Inc.