What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way...

The guys at the counter didn't understand what I wanted when I asked for Carrier and Pinion bearings..:eek: They thought I wanted a center support bearing....[S..
Finally left, got on line and looked up the parts.....found the kit which the counter guys didn't even know they carried....ordered it and got it the next day....nice kit....and made in US and all Timken stuff....the ones in the car said Japan....:eek:...

Spent the weekend on the Yellowstone river at my brothers camp. I welded up a BBQ frame with an adjustable fire box to adjust heat. We then loaded a bunch of rock and formed this cook top. Turned out great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 29
Now that was a "Field Expediant" method....

Spent the weekend on the Yellowstone river at my brothers camp. I welded up a BBQ frame with an adjustable fire box to adjust heat. We then loaded a bunch of rock and formed this cook top. Turned out great!

Yes it did turn out great......[cl

Finally done with the roofing job...

Thank goodness its finally done, tear off of the second side of the pole barn & re-shingle job out at my parent's house....

SOOOO happy this is all done, and 50yr Owens Corning shingles means maybe I won't ever have to touch it again even after the parents pass...

We had one helper (on ladder), and my father and I were both laying shingles...

Wish I had a pole barn like this, maybe a little larger however...

Attachments

• 1173857_10201001749699768_556184985_n.jpg
    1173857_10201001749699768_556184985_n.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 1237142_10201001755379910_291883077_n.jpg
    1237142_10201001755379910_291883077_n.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
Got my straight 8 strapped to a skid that I made for a fairly soon to be made trip to Cornfield Customs. Took the u joints out of my old driveshaft, boy was that fun. Those were the first joints that I had to heat up to get the factory plastic out of, and that was the easy part. It took me better than an hour to beat the old caps out. I'm getting to old for that crap!

Ford 9

Hey,
Got my rebuilt posi back under the car where it belongs. Started the break in process. Actually drove it a short period too. Im pleased with the ratio change also, but cant hammer it until broken in.
now onto the next project

I worked on my wedge trailers wiring and brakes for the third day in a row. Not what I wanted to do at all lol but it has brakes now.

I really haven't worked on my rpu project for maybe almost a year now, been too busy working and also I am swapping a new motor into a Caddy I bought to replace my daily driver. That has been going on for a few months now. :eek:

But my Son Dan has been moving right along on the Fox Mustang drag car he is building. He got it mini tubbed and also replaced the stock lower control boxes with some that he found on line. The whole car is tied together pretty well now, and he can start on the 18 point cage he is going to build next.

Here are some pictures from tonight.

Don

I put the ranger gauges in the dodge housings, also made a diamond plate mount for a 2 5/8" volt meter.

Had my 65 GTO in pieces, mothballed for 4 years :(
Pulled it out put it back together this weekend :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• dcp01910.jpg
    dcp01910.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 97
  • dcp01911.jpg
    dcp01911.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 97
  • DCP01912.JPG
    DCP01912.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 99
My Son Don and I kick our rear ends quite often over passing up a 65 Goat a freind was selling about 15 years ago. Super straight body, no rust, tripower car, four speed, and he wanted only $ 2500 and was willing to take payments. We just had too much on our plates to take on another project so we had to say no. :(

Same with a 66 Chevelle 396 four speed. Guy was hurting for rent money and his GF was pushing him to get rid of it. Wanted $ 1200, but we had nowhere to put it so we had to pass on that one too.

Oh, to go back in time ! :(:(

Don

I had a 67 Buick GS340 in 1982. It was too much of a project for me then (16). Wish I had it now.

well Tuesday is my Saturday so I chopped out all the offending hack work on my buddies Vega, made new motor mounts and dropped the LS1 and TH350 into it. Then just to tease him I dropped the Stainless Works up and forward turbo headers on it! Well I guess the joke is on me cause now he wants it turbo'ed...*Sigh* More work for me! [cl

Attachments

• vega.jpg
    vega.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 23
I had a 67 Buick GS340 in 1982. It was too much of a project for me then (16). Wish I had it now.
I've got a one owner all numbers matching 66 GS 401, 4 speed post car.
They only made 308 of them.
I'd take $2800 for it.
If you're interested pm me.

Working on the ford

Wow! Had a good weekend. Got a drive shaft made for my truck. It's a 50 ford
F-1. I steped off the main stream and stuck in a poly 318/727 from a 66 dodge Moterhome. Then I back halved the rear frame from a 93 f-150 . So I had to get the drive shaft made up to fit my two ends. Came up with a 2 piece drive shaft with a carrier barring in the middle. Then I hooked up a b&m shifter.its nice! Then today I hooked up my steering . What I night mear! But got some help and it works great! Thanks to Ernie the iron worker. Wish I knew how to post pictures. Had to move the box 2.5 inches to the out side. Made some spacers and reversed the pit man arm to point in word . Then had to cut the other bar to spin it around. Came out great . That was my week end.

Latest posts

Back