24-27 ford truck paper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMP

I have a friend looking for paper work [historical document for 24-27 ford truck. Anyone? Thanks TP

titles

It is best to do research for your state, Google how to title a hot rod. a couple sites, have info , Check out hotrodders .com. Buying a title can cause problems, Coddington got into trouble with the state of california a while ago, Model T's used the engine rumber for registration & title. When the engine was changed the paper work was to be changed to match the engine. and I think you could buy a blank engine from a dealer for a few years and stamp your vehicle number onto a replacement engine. I think it is best to follow all the rules and Dmv Forms . I bought a 46 truck that the owner did not have paper for, Her late husband had used the truck on a farm and not on the highway and there was nothing current on the DMV computer. I required a bill of sale listing the purchase price. . An inspection from the sherrif dept. , The deputy and his best buddy were into building hot rods. and told me where there were more old cars. A statement I wrote stating that the farmer had purchased the truck and had only used it as a farm vehicle and all paper work had been lost. This statement was signed by the Widow selling me the truck. Then back to the DMV with all the papers, The ran the numbers in the computer then for $ 20 I got a title- owernership only no plates yet. When it is ready to go on the road go in and buy the plates.

My A v8

I bought my A roadster from my brother who had bought it from his brother-in-law. After I had owned it 3 years I got a letter From The DMV stating that someone restoring a Model A pick up was wanting to title their truck using the same number. I wrote a letter to the DMV then had a follow up phone call with the Dmv inspector and explaned my A did not have the original motor and that the title should have been changed when the V8 was installed. He stated that the A pickup being restored apparently now had my original roadster engine, rebuilt and ready to go. I agreed since my roadster was not an original restoration and had a different engine, I would agree to let him have that number and I would have to bring in my roadster and have a new Vin number assigned

Latest posts

Back