I got my title the legal beagle way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me 5 months of waiting for the paperwork, but in the end I'm legal and I don't have to worry if I get pulled over. Not that there would be a reason for me to get pulled over.

Good thing about Georgia is we only need a bill of sale for anything older than 1985. I restored a Cushman scooter a few years ago and took my bill of sale, that was written on a brown paper bag, to the tag office and left with a tag and new registration in about 10 minutes. We can also register a historical tag for antique and classic cars. This allows us to use a 1940 tag on a 1940 car.

Ok. So I have a title but its from 1984 and the seller is not any of the names on the title. Am I good with a Bill of Sale in conjunction with it in TN or KY?

Im across the country and don't have time during the day to call and curious if anyone knows

Freaked out about my title

Ok. I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but you guys have me freaked out now. I found the body to my car in an old feed store and the owner sold it to me with an old title. It is a touring T and I understand the numbers were on the engine. I have no way of knowing if the title is for that car because I only have the body. Now what do I do? Do I just go for it and hope I am not inadvertently performing a felony? Can anybody give me some guidance here? Thanks.

When I bought my 50 ply coupe, the number on the title was the engine number. Not sure how they did things back then when there was an engine change.

When my little brother bought a 40 Dodge PU, he took the thing straight to the Oregon DMV and said he wanted to register it. It was all in one piece, but not a runner. They said bring it back when it is running. He said, You expect me to drop $10k into this then bring it back to see if I can get it registered? They ran the plate number, and came up empty handed. He had a title in the mail in the regular time. Blew me away!

My 38 is all CL and swapmeet parts gathered over about four years. I dread going to the DMV.

Latest posts

Back