55 Studebaker truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

Here's my 55 studebaker . It's on a 87 Dodge Dakota frame.A 91 Caprice will give up it's 5.0 engine and 700 transmission for the Stude. The truck had been primed with light gray spray can primer when I got it. I found that brake cleaner easily removed the primer but left the original green paint so I removed most of the primer and plan to remove the remaining primer.The cab and bed swap worked well after I raised the bed floor an inch and a half.
Check out the pedal that I found for it at a local flea market for $1.
003_zpsc9de3a2d.jpg

003_zps187e40a5.jpg

009_zps6238b8d9.jpg

007_zps78dd68d0.jpg

nice

l like it[cl

neat pedal, l want one like that but can't find a cheap one, every one thinks there made of gold around here.

Later :cool:

Yours looks like its in a heck of a lot better condition the my 54, but when the weather breaks, I plan on plugging a way at mine. Like the bass drum pedal for the gas!

IMG_0381.jpg

3-21-12072.jpg

Nice looking project, I've always liked the Studes! [cl

Like Skull said, you got a great deal on the drum pedal! I gave a LOT more than that for mine........ :eek:

308speedpedalandshifterLarge.jpg

They do make a cool gas pedal though. ;)

Love that model Stude pickup! I missed out buying one a few years back, medium blue, Ford 351W with a C4. Couldn't get the money up quick enough and it got away.

Love that model Stude pickup! I missed out buying one a few years back, medium blue, Ford 351W with a C4. Couldn't get the money up quick enough and it got away.

At least you had the money. My problem usually seems to be that I don't have the funds when a deal comes around.

At least you had the money. My problem usually seems to be that I don't have the funds when a deal comes around.

No, that was the problem. While I was trying to sell some stuff to get the money, it sold. That's usually my luck, a deal comes up, and I'm broke or badly bent.

You know the saying, My ship came in, but I was at the airport and missed it. :(

I am only a few days away from the first ride in my Studebaker truck. I put all new brakes, rotors (with new bearings and seals, of course) calipers, pads, and hoses on the front today. The rears will be done tomorrow or the next day. Yesterday I put the '57 Chevy car radiator back in. I have to go back to the NAPA store and exchange one hose and that will be done.
I will post pics and/or videos of the maiden voyage.

I did change some plans during the build. The '91 Caprice still has it's 305 and 700 trans. I used a 4.3 V6 and TH400 trans in the Studebaker. The Dakota rear has 3.90 gears and I'm anxious to see how the eng/trans/rear combo does. I hope to take some road trips in it.

Latest posts

Back