Any,cheap,budget,econemy,ways to insulate shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I could try that....

P.S. Sarge, you should bring your wife up here in January. Stay for a week, then blast off for Arizona or Florida and shop for real estate. (Assuming the plane isn't froze to the tarmac) She'll never want to be cold again in her life, and should warm up to your plan. :D

When is it the coldest????LOL... my luck...she'd love it and want to move immediately upon retirement...:eek: I appreciate the offer.....

When is it the coldest????LOL... my luck...she'd love it and want to move immediately upon retirement...:eek: I appreciate the offer.....

I can notify you when an arctic system is moving in. :D You're probably wise to avoid a possible backfire. If she's willing to move out of the country, you're in trouble!

I got a 30x40 metal building with a barrel stove for heat it has been great so far, till the other night it hit 22 and the stove were normally choking off coudnt quite get it done so I though insulation,that is till I priced insulation, need a good place to buy or a cheap brand, or a contractor to buy it for me wholesale, or Im affraid Im going to be done with forward proggress till march NOT AN OPTION help?

Sorry for running off the topic, blu. Did you find a suitable solution?

Insulaition Idea

Hello, here is an idea alot of your large stores like wally world Kmart.. When they remodel they change out the ceiling and they are fiberglass and work great for insulation. most demo companies will give them to you for free to save on dumping fees. [S

I bought some used foam boards off cragslist. I put them up on the walls them bought some do it yourself spray foam from tigerdirect. I put about a 1" of spray foam down over the boad foam just to seal all the foam board joints. I think it cost me 1500 to put 5" of foam about R35 in my cape.

I got a deal from the guy up the street on a pick-up load of 4x6x2" styrofoam sheets. Did my entire 24x24 shop with it. Covered it all with pegboard floor to cealing. I am careful with the torch and welder, though, and have an extenguisher at hand at all times. :D I can heat my Portland, Oregon shop with a couple halogen lights.

Latest posts

Back