Thermal Dynamics Cutmast 42 &/or other plasma cutters.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilodon

Thinking about getting this one. I'm torn between it and the Hobart 500I. Circle jig for the TD is alot cheaper. Anybody have one? Whataya think?
That Norther Tool 375 has some pretty good reviews, but I'd like to use 110V sometimes too.

I use a MIller 375 Xtreme at work, but out of my price range, unless I can pickup a used one, TD circle cutter is still cheaper though!

If this is for a home shop.....

Thinking about getting this one. I'm torn between it and the Hobart 500I. Circle jig for the TD is alot cheaper. Anybody have one? Whataya think?
That Norther Tool 375 has some pretty good reviews, but I'd like to use 110V sometimes too.

I use a MIller 375 Xtreme at work, but out of my price range, unless I can pickup a used one, TD circle cutter is still cheaper though!

Check the Ramsond site....http://ramsond.com/weldprod.php I bought the 40amp and it works like nutz...can be wired 110 or 220....Eastwood is having Ramsond build them as their own brand...only blue and not the funky yellow color...for the money....can't beat it...cuts 1/4 inch like butter....cut thru 1/4 inch and my frame together without slowing down....I think you'd like it...small and compact...have it under my welder on the cart....consumables are in-expensive....the now have a 50amp and 70amp also....check it out...

Hypertherm is probably the best out there. I belong to a group that runs CNC plasma cutting, probably close to 1000 members and just about everyone runs a Hypertherm on their CNC tables. We have 2 in our shop a smaller 600 that they don't make anymore, it is a 40 amp cutter. We use it as a hand held torch for frame work and cleaning brackets off a rear end housing. It used to be on our CNC table. A year or so ago we replaced it with a Hypertherm 1250 which is an 80 amp cutter. We can run this thing 40 minutes non stop with no problems at all.

Check out these folks on Ebay. We buy a lot of stuff from these guys.
http://stores.ebay.com/Harris-Welding-Supplies?_rdc=1

I have an older Hypertherm 380 hand held and I love it. I also run a Cutmaster 51 on my CNC table and it is awesome as well. Haven't had an issue with either.

Latest posts

Back