Minnesota Title from Scratch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22094&highlight=inspection&page=2

I posted this in another thread a few months ago. Now that there is a forum for this topic I moved it here. If you open the tread above you will see the procedure I am now going through.

Today I called the DMV to set up an appointment for the initial inspection mentioned in my post. This is the inspection to verify the VIN on the "kit" body. The DMV already knows there is none as I told them that fact. Still, they have to see and record.

THE SOONEST I CAN GET IN IS AUGUST 14TH.!!!!

Bob, here in MI we have officers that do on site

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22094&highlight=inspection&page=2

I posted this in another thread a few months ago. Now that there is a forum for this topic I moved it here. If you open the tread above you will see the procedure I am now going through.

Today I called the DMV to set up an appointment for the initial inspection mentioned in my post. This is the inspection to verify the VIN on the "kit" body. The DMV already knows there is none as I told them that fact. Still, they have to see and record.

THE SOONEST I CAN GET IN IS AUGUST 14TH.!!!!

Inspections...can verify a vin or no vin in your case....can verify all the parts used and where they were obtained and get your paperwork ready for an assembled vehicle title...doesn't take long at all to get.....after the paperwork is done, maybe 20 days or so....Wow, August 14th!!! That is nutz!!

Hope it goes well for you. I tried it and gave up, I just did not have the time for all the bull. I have learned that having my girlfriend get my vehicles titled works much better. A call to F.L.A.P. helped and got some good parts.

Well, today was the day for the first inspection. This inspection is to verify whether my '27 roadster (fiberglass body, home made frame) has a VIN. It does not have a VIN. Also there is a general check to assure no stolen major components are on the car.

A little back story: Last summer I called the closest Inspection station several times. They never answered the phone. I drove out to the station and there is a big sign on the office door stating they will not set up appointments in person. So I went home and called some more. Never got through to them. Fall arrived and I put the roadster back in storage.

In April I called a different Inspection Station located abut 70 miles south of me. They only inspect one day a month. Because of that I couldn't get in til today.

Yesterday I went to the local DMV office and got a 60 day permit so I could drive to the station today. This morning I had a pleasant ride down the county highways, assessing the corn and other crops along the way. The Inspections in Faribault are done in an auto repair shop so I knew there would be a person that I could relate to. The DMV guy and the proprietor were very easy to work with and the inspection went well.

Now, the paperwork goes back to the DMV headquarters. Eventually I'll get a letter stating that a VIN tag has been issued and to make an appointment to return to the Inspection Station to have the tag affixed. Assuming no hiccups......

When I come down for the VIN sticker ceremony I'll see if you're around. I would like to see your projects in person. I might have to wear a snowmobile suit by that time.

interested in this, as we have an old 46 Plymouth 2 door sedan sitting in the woods... no hope for a title for that... though it's been on our property for at least 35 years...

wifey can't find the signed off title that her dad had for my Studie project either, so I may have to go through all this with that ride as well...

Yesterday there was a letter in the mailbox from the DMV. It should have been the notification to make an appointment to get the VIN sticker put on my car.

But, no, it was a notice that I need to get the car inspected. Well, I just did that, on August 14th. (See the post above).

So, I copied my copy of the inspection report and wrote all over the cover letter they sent explaining the situation and sent all that information to the DMV. More delays because the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Still waiting for a letter from the DMV to return to the inspection station for the VIN sticker.

It was inspected on Aug. 17. Coming up on three months soon. Our tax money at work.

Fire up the vaporizer squasher we have a spammer here...Jemcon = corpo-troll

hi.....
its very easy to Automotive Wolf was designed with all car owners in mind. Whether you are the average family car owner, backyard mechanic or car enthusiast you will now be able to keep track of your vehicle maintenance with ease. It reminds you when your car is due for maintenance, tracks all your operating costs and helps you save money by avoiding costly repairs. Good car maintenance is essential to keeping your car running well, extending its operating life, minimizing repair costs and maximizing its resale value.New York Fashion Week. Our Car Care software was designed to enable you to reach these goals and help you with your preventive car maintenance schedule.

Lo and behold! I received notice today that the VIN tag is waiting for me at the inspection station. Now, I have to call on a certain day to make an appointment to have it affixed. Since they only do that a half day a month it could be a few months before they can fit this 3 minute job into the schedule. I'm really happy to be reaching the finish line on this process, however.

Well, since Nov. 10 I have called the office to set up an appointment to get the VIN tag put on my roadster. They only accept phone calls two days a week. The week of Thanksgiving they didn't answer the phone. Today I got through and made an appointment.

I can get in on Tuesday, March 12th.

Holy Crap!!!!

Well, since Nov. 10 I have called the office to set up an appointment to get the VIN tag put on my roadster. They only accept phone calls two days a week. The week of Thanksgiving they didn't answer the phone. Today I got through and made an appointment.

I can get in on Tuesday, March 12th.

March 12th????? Wow.....are they really that busy??? That blows my mind..:eek:...
Wow....[S

Latest posts

Back