Problem with Rats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
Okay, it is not really rats, it is mice, I have a small invasion going on at my compound, and I need your help. I have a newer jeep jk that I have trapped 6 mice out of in the last 3 days. I almost have enough to make a fur coat. They found my emergency roll of toilet paper, and made it into a hamster house with a tunnel. My question to all of you is "how can I keep the mice from wanting to be in there" The traps are probably reducing the herd a little, but other than having a few of them spade and turned back into the wild, I am running out of ideas. What say you rat experts?

I live out in the country so there are lots of mice and critters. Since I have pets I have to use something that is Non Poisonous or traps.
SCENTED dryer sheets work inside vehicles and don't smell as bad as Moth balls. I do also use mothballs if smell is not an issue.
Also balls of cotton dipped in essential oils like peppermint or lavender work as well.
Have you had a bout of really cold weather as that seems to drive them indoors around here.
Torchie.

Cheap dryer sheets are the ticket. I use them on my rv for winter storage. Work great and don't stink like moth balls. They only last so long tho.

Here in the big pond, they make this bait that looks like feed grain in wax. That stuff is super effective. I have a worthless inside cat but also a shop cat that takes care of business. Best advice, get on them immediately because they breed faster than rabbits! :eek:

Somehow I think locking a cat inside my jeep may be a bad idea.

Only if you like the smell of cat pee! I keep the car windows up because a cat will mark their territory in there if possible!

Toad

I tried moth balls, so far, picked up some dryer sheets too. But I have caught so many in traps, I really may have knocked them back. I'll pick up some bait, and some hand grenades when I get a chance.

rap.PNG

a continuous mouse trap .. havn't ever tried it but they say they work for barns and such .. stick has to be hinged to the buck and light enough to flip up when mouse walks to the end ... hey the drawing isnt correct but you get the picture ..wipe PB on the stick then wipe it off . just to leave the sent on it then put the little pile at the top for them to eat .

Last edited:
I think id just keep putting the traps out till you quit catching them . then try different bait to be sure .. poison may get to a cat , thinking a sick mouse is an easy meal . Plus if they die in the jeep ..... ummmm ummmm gooood smellin stuff right there ....:D

Recipe for rodent bait that is non toxic to pets

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup bicarbonate of soda
put it out as a dry powder mixture

this creates gas in the digestive system
rats and mice cannot burp or fart so they suffocate on the intestinal gas
dogs and cats just fart and burp till the gas is gone

best trap I've used you need a 5 gal. bucket a soda can & a piece of heavy wire (welding rod ) & a ramp up to the edge of the bucket I used a piece of 2 X 4 . Drill two hole across from each other at the top lip, drill hole in each end of the can insert wire thu first hole in bucket , insert the can on the wire & thread it through the other hole in the bucket , slop some peanut butter on the can , set the ramp up against the bucket * pour some antifreeze in the bucket to drown the *******s , place the bucket where the mice are you're done.
Now set up a camera to record em doin the death march ![P
I use a old ice fishing dipper to remove the bodies ... 1st time I tried it over 3 days ... had 18 bodies in it ... enjoy .[cl

Latest posts

Back