Coilover info

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

As you may have read in the weekend thread, I had a ball-joint come apart on my '56. I have decided to go through the entire front suspension with a very critical eye to see if anything else looks amiss. I think, while I have everything apart, I'll replace the coil springs and stock shocks with coilovers. I hate to spend $600-800+ for them, but that's the going rate for two double adjustable shocks with Torrington bearings and a spanner wrench, as far as I can tell. Is double adjustability something I need for spirited street driving? I understand the concept, just have no experience with coilovers at all.

Last edited:
If you were going to do road or course racing then I'd recommend double but, if you're street driving through mountain curves then single adjustable are plenty good.

If you were going to do road or course racing then I'd recommend double but, if you're street driving through mountain curves then single adjustable are plenty good.

Thanks! I appreciate the input.I've never messed with coilovers, and am flying blind, relying on what I read. :)

Latest posts

Back