1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys - I'm really getting pumped now to finish this one up. Brought all the remaining parts in to do the bodywork and paint.

Attachments

• DSC00670.jpg
    DSC00670.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 64
ZZ, I'm coming down your way next week. There's a car show at Haney Park Museum on the east side of Salmon Arm on Sunday, Aug 9th. My '36 Ford will be registered in the show, I hope, and I would like to meet up with you if you are going to the show.
Sorry about breaking into your momentum on the car to invite you to a show, because you do such lovely work I shouldn't interrupt you for my selfish reasons.
Keep up the good work.

ZZ, I'm coming down your way next week. There's a car show at Haney Park Museum on the east side of Salmon Arm on Sunday, Aug 9th. My '36 Ford will be registered in the show, I hope, and I would like to meet up with you if you are going to the show.
Sorry about breaking into your momentum on the car to invite you to a show, because you do such lovely work I shouldn't interrupt you for my selfish reasons.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the invite, but I'll be in Vancouver that weekend to attend to family matters. I've actually been to Haney Park a few years ago for a western themed wedding at the church there - should be a neat venue for a car show. Between family stuff and working on the Packard, I've only gotten out to one show this year. I'm trying to make it to the show in Nelson B.C. on the first weekend of September, hopefully with the Packard.
Have fun at the show!

Thanks ZZ, I hope to have fun. Sorry to miss meeting you, but 'family matters' are usually not so much fun but important all the same.

Knock 'em dead in Nelson, you can do it with one eye shut!

Got the doors on today, handles, window motors and installed the glass and felt channels. I only use tempered glass in the doors, laminated is too easy to crack when the door is slammed, especially with such a long narrow window. To hold the felt channel in I use PL construction adhesive.
I hate to backtrack but an annoying tranny drip needs to be fixed while it's up on jackstands - the tranny guy warned me that it is hard to get a chrome pan to seal :mad: - it has to come off and I'll grind the sealing surface to give it a less slippery surface with some 'tooth'.

Yeah... thiose chrome pans can be a bugger sometimes, I found that a rubber gasket works best, after monkeying with the cork gaskets, but having a clean burr free serface is critical... I fought the one on the 68 C10 we are working on where someone stripped a bolt hole, tapped it and never deburred the face of the transmission.... what a mess....

Anyway, things are moving along on this jewel! :cool:

Yeah... thiose chrome pans can be a bugger sometimes, I found that a rubber gasket works best, after monkeying with the cork gaskets, but having a clean burr free serface is critical... I fought the one on the 68 C10 we are working on where someone stripped a bolt hole, tapped it and never deburred the face of the transmission.... what a mess....

Anyway, things are moving along on this jewel! :cool:

Yep, a rubber gasket is what I used, along with a good smear of black Permatex silicone, roughed up the chrome surface with a few passes of my 4" grinder - leak cured. :)

Before and after - I made a few changes ...:D

Attachments

• may 4 2013 36 packard 003.jpg
    may 4 2013 36 packard 003.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 204
  • may 4 2013 36 packard 004.jpg
    may 4 2013 36 packard 004.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00668.jpg
    DSC00668.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC00667.jpg
    DSC00667.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 63
So does painting parts in my backyard make me the 'outdoorsy' type ?[S
Well, the bugs stuck in the paint give it some organic content...:D

After a week of mud slinging, got the first coat of primer/surfacer on.

Attachments

• DSC00675.jpg
    DSC00675.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00677.jpg
    DSC00677.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 59
Got it back from upholstery today, sorry about the crummy pics from inside the plastic garage - interior is actually black, lots of detailing yet to do in there, including painting the window garnish mouldings.

Attachments

• DSC00678.jpg
    DSC00678.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00679.jpg
    DSC00679.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00680.jpg
    DSC00680.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00681.jpg
    DSC00681.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 76
Car is way cool, looks REALLY nice ZZ you do such awesome work.
That upholstery is spot on too ! Another one clean outta the park !

Latest posts

Back