TiredIronGRB's '30 Model A Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been finishing up the body framework, getting close to tearing it apart and start painting everything.

30_Model_A_295.jpg

30_Model_A_296.jpg

Picked up some nice doors, mine were pretty beat (and shot) up.

30_Model_A_297.jpg

30_Model_A_298.jpg

30_Model_A_300.jpg

Hey guy car is lookin great keep up the good work ,not sure what you are gonna fill the roof with but what i did on my 30 is ,i got a roof skin off of a early 90's pontiac bonniville 92 i think perfect fit all i had to do was trim it and weld it, it had all the right curves. Just thouth i'd tell ya have fun .

I read through your pirate thread, nice build. I`m not a big yota fan, but I`d drive that one.

On your A: I think either kind of rear tire would look good on there. I had considered making a car with that type of roof a sort of "convertible". Basically a removable soft top for when it`s cold-ish, or you get caught in the rain. I like the car, keep it up.

-Johnson

I'm going to use an old AM radio so I thought I would use this old drive in movie speaker.

30_Model_A_301.jpg

30_Model_A_302.jpg

Started tearing it all back apart as all the structual fab work is done. Started finish welding the fenderwells and the flooring.

30_Model_A_303.jpg

30_Model_A_304.jpg

What a relief to see these pics of the car on it's side:eek: I had your live feed on today and would check it every once in awhile. The last thing I saw you do was roll the frame out of the way and put the little cart under the body...............then when I come back in later in the evening and the the live feed had stopped, the last image was of the car on it's side and you bent over looking at it [S and I thought oh crap, it didn't slip off the rig and fall did it :eek: Glad you meant it to be on it's side:D
The build is looking great and I really like the drive-in speaker!

Made some good progress this evening, got the spindles and brakes on and ran the brake and fuel lines. Dropped the engine and trans in and plumbed up the transmission lines, then mounted the carbs and put all the linkage together.

30_Model_A_309.jpg

30_Model_A_310.jpg

Still looking really good, looking forward to seeing the finished product. I may have missed it, what are you thinking for paint or is paint not in the cards?

The engine looks great with the 6 two's, the generator, Vette valve covers, ram's horns, etc. Did you get the body off your invisible rotisserie? (sp) An early distributor would fit the theme nicely.

Did you get the body off your invisible rotisserie? (sp) An early distributor would fit the theme nicely.

Yes, my rotisserie is two large blocks of Styrofoam :eek:

It has an early distributor (cast iron), even has the original cast iron water outlet. The only pieces newer than 1969 are the radiator, fuel cell and master cylinder assembly.

Latest posts

Back