2001 S10 Xtreme

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XtremeS10

Not quite what comes to mind for muscle car? I started this build a long time ago and was discouraged, hit some rough spots, and recently from selling my other major project decided it was time to make this beuty run, it's got a 6.0l LQ4 which is an LS1 based Chevy v8, big cam, 4000 stall converter, and a ford 9", fired her for the first time ever yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhR2v1bVYBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It was def a big day, I got this truck when I was 15, drove it til 17, then as a graduation present my parents found me the 6.0 and trans with only 5 miles on it, started one of the first s10 ls1 swaps around, and got in over our heads, well I'm 23 now and long story short, everything we had issues with custom making pieces for, is now bolt on stuff you can buy to make the swap so easy, engine still only has 5 miles on it lol

Any updates?

Toad

Truck is now tuned and had dyno time, 15 miles on the road, and it's ready for inspection and for me to bring it home today! Many pictures and videos to follow but sadly it's getting trailered home, weather is too bad to be driving it without putting a few hundred miles on the setup

I finally finished my swap!!

Alright guys so today was the day I have been waiting a very long time for, truck is back on the road, legal, inspected, running, tuned, ect ect. Haven't put any miles on her yet but I wanna put some easy miles on it first being the motor and trans have a total of like 15 miles on them, so theres going to be some break in stuff, anyways heres the whole list and shebang:

2001 Chevy S10 Xtreme
Started with a 4.3l with a powerdyne and nitrous and now have moved to a 6.0l LQ4

LQ4: Stock heads, LS6 intake, a/c delete, MS3 Cam (.603/.609 237/242), Corvette accessories, Speed density intake and tune, 4l80E with a 4000 stall converter, ford 9" with 3.55's for now. Truck made 370rwhp through the converter and heavy driveline.

Whats in plans for it: 4.10.s drag radials, long tube headers, Cal-Tracs, LS3 heads and custom cam, re-paint the bumpers, fix the dings and nicks and scratches and clean up the outside, clean up the whole interior, wiring needs addressing, install a pioneer full screen nav unit I have sitting here, new floor matts, pull the NOS bottle out, pull the bed cover off, replace the goofy rice lights with factory units, possible doing a headlight swap, disc brakes in the rear, bucket seats with a center console, all minor stuff I can chip away at.

Got a big list of minor things to start working on but plenty to keep me going and interested, at least I can drive it and enjoy it now, anyways heres the pics I have of it, lost most of the starting pics however sorry guys! Video's to follow:

l_ce2cb47f7ba6caf826fa07916ad326d2.jpg

l_b38bf470324541a7e158d2b5f015cd08.jpg

l_2157b02460022121c24347334f49e168.jpg

1fccfe9b.jpg

b9a222fc.jpg

314ac18e.jpg

df4f22df.jpg

ee2978b8.jpg

Thank you sir, I have a ton of little things to work on yet, I haven't decided what seats to go with, whether I want to run the 98+ f body seats and center console, bravada seats, or cavalier cloth seats and re-cover them

Latest posts

Back