Cheap thrills

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrolls

My 72 Jaguar xj6.
Has a trick front suspension, 400 SBC, 700r4, 3.73:1
Car is a blast!!

Attachments

• jag.jpg
    jag.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 44
Neat car. I guy i used to talk to doing construction work said he had a Jag like that with a 455 Olds engine. Never saw the car so not sure if it is true.

Did you use one of the swap kits ? I almost bought a Jag a few years ago with the same intentions, but ended up letting it pass.

Don
The guy I bought it off of did the conversion and I cleaned it up with sanders headers made for the swap. I also re-did the motor mounts and had a nice exhaust done. So many of these conversions are done so poorley it's really compromised the market for them. This one is by far the best done I've ever seen. Every summer I put it up for sale and drive it about 1500 mikes just screwin around and I can't get a nibble, so I keep it. I have another sbc 400 with long rods and an edelbrock efi I'd like to put in it and I've been stockpiling the parts to do a 5 spd conversion .......... who knows.

Olds 455

Yes, the Olds 455 is a torque monster. The '68 - 70 Toronado was rated at 500 lb-ft. Swap cams, intake, carb, and add headers...

My Pontiac wagon has a .030 over 455 (for 461 cubes) and is a blast to drive. With a 200-4R and only 3.42 gears, it tachs 2000 rpm at 70 mph and can maintain that speed in overdrive over hills without even unlocking the torque converter. And still gets 15-17 mpg on the highway!

440shorty

Nice car

Nice Jag![dr
There is a man here at the beach who has one of those 2 seater mercedes out of the 1970`s-80`s.I am not up on mercedes so I am not sure of year.
Anyway,it has a Big block chevy with turbo 400 and 9 inch rear.
Only sign on outside it is not stock is the shiney wheels and the rumble.Inside has full cage and ratchet shifter.
He drives it a lot.He came by the marina in it a little while back.
Great cars to fix up.I wonder what an older Jag or mercedes sells for on average?[S
Probably a lot.

Nice Jag![dr
There is a man here at the beach who has one of those 2 seater mercedes out of the 1970`s-80`s.I am not up on mercedes so I am not sure of year.
Anyway,it has a Big block chevy with turbo 400 and 9 inch rear.
Only sign on outside it is not stock is the shiney wheels and the rumble.Inside has full cage and ratchet shifter.
He drives it a lot.He came by the marina in it a little while back.
Great cars to fix up.I wonder what an older Jag or mercedes sells for on average?[S
Probably a lot.
xj6 jags between 75 and 87 are a dime a dozen, but ya gotta watch for rust. There are at least 3 good companies that make conversion kits for swaping in sbc's. But it's not rocket science. In fact it's damn simple compared to the builds guy's are doing here.

Yes, the Olds 455 is a torque monster. The '68 - 70 Toronado was rated at 500 lb-ft. Swap cams, intake, carb, and add headers...

My Pontiac wagon has a .030 over 455 (for 461 cubes) and is a blast to drive. With a 200-4R and only 3.42 gears, it tachs 2000 rpm at 70 mph and can maintain that speed in overdrive over hills without even unlocking the torque converter. And still gets 15-17 mpg on the highway!

440shorty
My Dad had a 69 Toranado with a 455. He used to say it got 12 miles to the gallon........4 going uphill and 8 going down. All the GM big blocks back then were great. I had a 70 Delta 88 with a 455. One of the best trailer pullin rigs I've ever owned.

Latest posts

Back