67 Chevelle 4-door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintpunk

Here's my 67. I got it from the original owner with all the original documentation including bill of sale and 67 Chevelle sales brochure with a quote for my car written on the back by the original salesman. The car was built in Flint, MI and originally sold at Applegate Chevrolet here in Flint. I paid $2000 for the car as seen in the pics. It really needs a trunk pan and driver's side floor, but they have been repaired semi-adequately by the previous owner.

I'm warming up a fresh 283 to replace the smoking original and I removed the Powerglide and converted her to a 4 speed. I'm setting her up for Pro-Touring/Autocross. I've got big disks for either end, sway bars, and some stiff circle track springs going in. The new 283 is .030 over, zero decked w/ flat-tops, has a NASTY cam, roller rockers, road-race trap door oil pan, Victor Jr, and a 600 double pump. I'm thinking she'll make around 300 hp and should rip pretty good. I've got 15" white wagon wheels going on with Hoosier circle track slicks for all 4 corners. I think that about covers it. I should have her finished up by spring/early summer 2014. Enjoy!

Last edited:
That's a really clean looking 67! Sounds like you have some interesting plans for her. I'm lookin forward to seeing it finished. Don't scrap that old 283 though. Us Canadians have some nasty emission laws now that make that a good builder in our eyes.

Latest posts

Back