Sold some calves today!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple Toad!

BoB

Attachments

• cows.jpg
    cows.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 16
If you keep separating children from their mothers we will have to start calling you by a different name. Do you have bleached blonde hair, white circles around your eyes, orange skin and a fat a$$?:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

I was around cows for half of my life, Tripper, so I sure welcome your pictures. Also, I can remember the mothers bawling when we weened the calves or sold them. --- Keep on farming.

Prices aren't any better this year either. I keep mine a little longer...650 to 700 lbs. and average about 1,000 per head, so still O.K. just not like 3 years ago.

I miss it sometimes. I always liked handling animals. You can't beat fresh beef. Don't miss being tied to home or worrying about them getting sick or pulling calves at calving time. And my arms and shoulders don't swing hay bales any more.

Prices aren't any better this year either. I keep mine a little longer...650 to 700 lbs. and average about 1,000 per head, so still O.K. just not like 3 years ago.

Yep... prices are down from last year! I averaged $680 per calf but didn't want to hold them any longer since it's so hot & the grass is drying up. Hopefully my cows are re-bred & I wanted to give them a chance to recover!

I miss it sometimes. I always liked handling animals. You can't beat fresh beef. Don't miss being tied to home or worrying about them getting sick or pulling calves at calving time. And my arms and shoulders don't swing hay bales any more.

I love animals too but they do tie you down... especially at calving time but I really love calves!

BoB

Latest posts

Back