Be careful out there in this heat!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Hadn't been to a car show in forever so when some friends were having their annual show this weekend a couple hrs from me I decided to go. I'd been there a couple hrs & it was hot as all blue blazes & very humid so with the heat index it was about 105 degrees. I'd been suckin' down soda & had just scarfed down a 16oz snow cone when I decide to get something outta my car. Guess I stood up too fast & just before I got half way up... I fell out! Luckily I was on the grass & wasn't hurt. I was only out for a couple of seconds & the guy next to me asked if I was ok. I got back to my chair, had another iced coke, got my bearings, packed up & headed for home & the A/C!!! Be careful guys!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I'll post more fotos later!

BoB

Attachments

• Nova.jpg
    Nova.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Dodge Coupe side.jpg
    Dodge Coupe side.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Dodge rear.jpg
    Dodge rear.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 42
Soda is NOT hydration. Only water can keep you saturated. Just sayin' ... ;)

(from the Valley of the Way Too Damn Hot Sun)

Totally agree with my fellow desert rat. Soda is not the same as water. A good trick is dissolving a little honey in an 1/2 inch of warm water in your glass and then filling it up with ice and pure water. You have to experiment untill you get the amount of honey just right but it doesn't take but about a teaspoon. Hard to just sip it when you are dehydrated because your body will want to chug the whole glass. Goes down easier and much more satifying than water alone.

Tripper - Good Advice at being smart in the heat.

Earthman & AZRodDave - Good advice on the H2O.

You can also use a teaspoon or packet of Sugar. It will get in you blood stream faster than GatorAid and raise you Blood Sugar enough to help you recover faster.

There best advice is to be hydrated (water) the night before.

Last edited:
Take care Tripper.
I haven't done diddly for the past 3 days because of the heat and humidity here. And I'm in Northern Mi. Can't imagine what it's like where you are.
Hard to breathe and feels like some one is sitting on my chest.:eek:
Torchie

Water, lots of water, not coke. Coke bad.
Maybe not you but I never understand why people want to run around half naked in the heat. The sun pounding on your skin isn't good. If it was, those dessert nomads would be running around in wife beaters and shorts with flip flops, not all wrapped head to toe in loose fitting white sheets.

My brother drank a 6 pack of Soda a day for the last 43 years.

Now, he lives alone with a cat and thinks aliens from Mongo are sending X-rays through space to eat his brain.

I created a monster. I bought Bob W's 27 Roadster for my wife and today she was in the garage in a 105 heat index washing it and vacuuming it out. It's been above 90 all last week and above 95 all this week with 90+ humidity. It's hot in southeastern NC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
It was 104 a couple days ago.
I don't know what the heat index was.
I kept my grandson and dogs inside

I use a big 32oz plastic cup when I'm working in the shop. It's been in the 90's up here for quite a while and humid as heck. Yesterday I drank 4 of them and was still peeing a little brown...

I created a monster. I bought Bob W's 27 Roadster for my wife and today she was in the garage in a 105 heat index washing it and vacuuming it out. It's been above 90 all last week and above 95 all this week with 90+ humidity. It's hot in southeastern NC.

Nice to see Mrs. harleyboy has adopted the roadster. Y'all better keep her supplied with ice water.

I bought Bob W's 27 Roadster for my wife and today she was in the garage in a 105 heat index washing it and vacuuming it out.

Washing & vacuuming a rat rod... that's just not right! My congrats to Mrs Harleyboy... just keep a water bottle handy!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

I`m leaving out in the morning heading to a swap meet in Fredricksburg,setting up to sell off a bunch of stuff.I`ll be there all weekend if I survive the heat![S

looks like we've got another wave of heat headed to Iowa. I can handle it as long as I'm in the shade or there is a slight breeze. At work I carry a thermos of water.

If you drink beer, have a glass of water in between each one.

I don't know how you guys in the heat do it. At night I open most the windows in my house up and it'll be about 67 in the morning in the house. We close all the windows and the shades and I come home to a house that's a relief @ 73 degrees after spending all day down at the shop in a blistering 86 degrees and about 30% humidity.
Of course we pay in the winter with about 300 inches of snow and many sub zero nights.
The last couple weeks we were out in SF and north of there out on the coast. San Francisco was foggy and about 56 in the evening.....................just trying to cool you guys off..........how'd I do?[ddd

August already.....as soon as this cool weather gets out of the way, maybe we'll get some of that summer heat ya'll are complainin about...:rolleyes: 4 or 5 more months and we'll get our couple days of winter where it drops down into the 80s.

Latest posts

Back