Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie: Keep at it. The PT should give you exercise you wouldn't normally do and extend and strengthen more muscles. My hands are on the mend and I will be off of lite duty the 2nd week of September. I just need to catch up on a bunch of stuff.

I had a guy drive 3 hours today for a hood. I thought he flaked till he called for final approach. honest guys are still out there! [cl[cl

I had a guy drive 3 hours today for a hood. I thought he flaked till he called for final approach. honest guys are still out there! [cl[cl

yeah. They still are joedoh.:)

Torchie: Keep at it. The PT should give you exercise you wouldn't normally do and extend and strengthen more muscles. My hands are on the mend and I will be off of lite duty the 2nd week of September. I just need to catch up on a bunch of stuff.
The PT is always interesting, kenny.
I was doing something today. Standing on a sort of boogie board on a half ball for balance. I told my guy.
"You know. I couldn't do this when I had two legs". He just laughed.
Torchie

I know these posts are mundane but they are helping me to keep to my "Do something on the projects each day" vow.
Today is car day so some more paint removal.
For those that feel it's needed... There is a coat of epoxy primer under the areas with filler.
Once I get the paint removed I will over over coat the entire body shell with epoxy sealer as well.
That's it for today. Thanks for looking in..
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 22
Got new shoes yesterday so spent the better part of today getting the fake leg set up again so that I can walk right.
Did get all the pieces/parts form the chop and section cleaned out of the car and into the trunk of the Cutlass storage unit.:eek: :p [ddd I will keep these until I'm done with this. You never know......;)
I'm going to add some more interior bracing and see if I cad get this over on it's side to start to work on the lower half.
Should be interesting as I don't have a rotisserie. But I have some ideas.:D
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 20
Should be interesting as I don't have a rotisserie. But I have some ideas.:D
Torchie

You could blow it over with that killer compressor. :D

Seriously, if memory serves me, Sam_Fear turned his big Olds on it's ear, by hand, in a small garage, on couch cushions. (Check and read his build thread below.)

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6898

We'll soon be in the same boat with the coupe project. I'm thinking a few scrap tires will do the trick...

You could blow it over with that killer compressor. :D

Seriously, if memory serves me, Sam_Fear turned his big Olds on it's ear, by hand, in a small garage, on couch cushions. (Check and read his build thread below.)

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6898

We'll soon be in the same boat with the coupe project. I'm thinking a few scrap tires will do the trick...

Thanks ,Crank.
I saw where Sam rolled his over onto the roof.
I'm not sure that I want or need to be trying to take out any dents in that roof. It's pretty flexible right in the middle and I already have enough to do.
I've rolled over many wooden boats that are bigger and heavier then this body shell. Tires work, as well as cushions.
I might consider laying it on it's side though.
I'm thinking more along the lines of a couple of beams that go from side to side.
One ,bolted where the front firewall feet are that mount to the frame.
And the other at the rear most mounting holes that are in the trunk floor.
Hook a couple of chain falls up to one of my reinforced lifting roof trusses and pick up one end of the beams while the other ends stay on the floor.
The car would be at an angle but I could work on it standing up or sitting on my shop stool. It's just too hard for me to get up and down off the floor anymore.
I'm going to sleep on it and see what I think in the morning.
Torchie

I haven't done anything in the garage since summer began... and it's air conditioned. Just in front of the comp on free time. Feeling shamed enough after reading this to at least go out there and assess the situation. :rolleyes:

Shame can be a powerful motivator, Eman.:eek:[ddd
Must have had my wheaties this morning.
Finished removing the paint from the roof. Welded in some support for the floppy trunk pan then lifted the Dodge.:eek::D
Of course I won't be worth beans tomorrow.
I used my equipment that I use to flip wooden boats. I can raise the side higher if I need to.
Now I will be able to work on the quarter area behind the DS door as well as start on the DS floor with out having to get on the shop floor.
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 25
Old girl is looking good Torchie! [cl[cl[cl Did you ever find a rear fender?

Nothing locally, Bama.
And the ones on e-bay want crazy money for shipping.
There is the one Dodge at my local yard that I got the extra doors from. It has rear fenders but I'm not sure of the condition of the bottoms as it has been sitting on the ground(Quite sandy though) .I have to go back for another look see.
I'm still on the lookout
Torchie.

It's all been fun and games up till now.

Now we are getting serious.....[S
This is the reason that I tilted the car. To start on this area.:eek:
I suspected it was bad and now I know.
No inner rocker at all. Outer DS rocker was replaced with a home made one as well as the lower quarter repair.
This is going to take some work.
I'm going to do some cyphering and then go to my local supplier and look into some rectangle steel stock. If I had a break I would consider bending up a new box.
Pics tell the story.
Keeping on......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg