Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Undead Sleds... makin' old tin Undead every day! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk

Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk General discussion of car type stuff!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1271  
Old 08-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Tripper's Avatar
Tripper Tripper is offline
Older and more rusted every day!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Tejas
Posts: 13,134
Default

Saw this the other day... nice!

BoB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redtruck.jpg (97.8 KB, 33 views)
__________________
Rust... Mother Nature's paint job... don't fool with Mother Nature!

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Reply With Quote
  #1272  
Old 08-17-2019, 11:10 AM
cycledog's Avatar
cycledog cycledog is offline
A really rusty biker
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Unwet side of Washington
Posts: 4,437
Default

mmmmmmm freeeeee dooooggs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oscar-Edit.jpg (121.3 KB, 40 views)
__________________
"The leading cause of problems is solutions."
Eric Sevareid
Reply With Quote
  #1273  
Old 08-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is offline
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 7,811
Default

One from last winter. (Somebody takes the term "daily driver" a little too seriously!)



More recently...




Last week. Beautiful car, all queered out with pro touring gear.



Yesterday, a nice more door survivor.



.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traffic 60.jpg (110.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg traffic 56.jpg (75.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg traffic 72.JPG (139.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg traffic 73.JPG (168.6 KB, 93 views)
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Reply With Quote
  #1274  
Old 08-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is offline
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 7,811
Default

Spotted a couple more today...

Panel truck looks like it runs and drives???



Austin PU body, wrong hood, though the bed is full of sheetmetal parts...



.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traffic 74.JPG (169.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg traffic 75.JPG (199.9 KB, 76 views)
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Reply With Quote
  #1275  
Old 08-22-2019, 07:58 AM
smallfoot's Avatar
smallfoot smallfoot is offline
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flawda Flats
Posts: 5,935
Default

That panel truck looks familiar! Right before my bud Tony left for Sweden, he parked his 64 in my yard for 2 years. I helped tow it to my place and helped haul it off to the new owner.
Reply With Quote
  #1276  
Old 08-22-2019, 08:10 AM
05snopro440's Avatar
05snopro440 05snopro440 is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 3,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
One from last winter. (Somebody takes the term "daily driver" a little too seriously!)



More recently...




Last week. Beautiful car, all queered out with pro touring gear.



Yesterday, a nice more door survivor.



.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
Spotted a couple more today...

Panel truck looks like it runs and drives???



Austin PU body, wrong hood, though the bed is full of sheetmetal parts...



.
You sure see cool stuff!

Hmm, you didn't like the big wheels on the 67 but you didn't comment about the (what looks like) even bigger 22" diameter GM transport steelies on the panel .

I like the wheels on that Camaro, and at the end of the day they're just wheels (doesn't look like it has giant brakes).
__________________
My 455 Buick powered '46 GMC Build Thread

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.

Last edited by 05snopro440; 08-22-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1277  
Old 08-22-2019, 09:58 AM
Burgerman's Avatar
Burgerman Burgerman is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NW Washington
Posts: 1,718
Default

Lots of nice photos Doc. That Olds brings nice memories back for me, a 54 Sedan, same color. Looks like that Austin hood could drop into place with some work. Like your Chev trunk lid.
Reply With Quote
  #1278  
Old 08-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Dr Crankenstein's Avatar
Dr Crankenstein Dr Crankenstein is offline
Rocket Surgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SK CAN
Posts: 7,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
That panel truck looks familiar! Right before my bud Tony left for Sweden, he parked his 64 in my yard for 2 years. I helped tow it to my place and helped haul it off to the new owner.
Cool. My first "car" was a '64 GMC PU with a transplanted 283... it was a tire burner. The panel caught my eye for that reason... and the fact it doesn't have any extra windows cut in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05snopro440 View Post
You sure see cool stuff!

Hmm, you didn't like the big wheels on the 67 but you didn't comment about the (what looks like) even bigger 22" diameter GM transport steelies on the panel .

I like the wheels on that Camaro, and at the end of the day they're just wheels (doesn't look like it has giant brakes).
Thanks, snopro. I try to stop and shoot whenever it's possible!

You'd have to see the Camaro in person. The wheels don't bother me, nor does the pro touring attempt... just saying, the car as a whole was a strange looking collection of schizophrenic thoughts... neither pro touring, nor classic muscle car.

I didn't notice the wheels on the panel, until I got home and resized the photo to post it here... looks good to me!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgerman View Post
Lots of nice photos Doc. That Olds brings nice memories back for me, a 54 Sedan, same color. Looks like that Austin hood could drop into place with some work. Like your Chev trunk lid.
Thanks, Burgerman. If you look at A40 Austins, you'll see the hood is from another model, so some cuttin' and choppin' would be necessary!

https://www.google.com/search?q=aust...iw=911&bih=417

.
__________________
- The distinction between psychological illness and creative thinking is wafer thin -

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Reply With Quote
  #1279  
Old 08-22-2019, 09:13 PM
maverickmk's Avatar
maverickmk maverickmk is offline
Rebel Rodder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 9,007
Default

That panel truck would make an awesome dd.
__________________
I had my patience tested - it was negative.
Reply With Quote
  #1280  
Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM
05snopro440's Avatar
05snopro440 05snopro440 is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 3,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
You'd have to see the Camaro in person. The wheels don't bother me, nor does the pro touring attempt... just saying, the car as a whole was a strange looking collection of schizophrenic thoughts... neither pro touring, nor classic muscle car.
I just figured I'd take the opportunity to give you a hard time.

I get what you mean on the Camaro being confused, there are many of builds around here like that. It seems like people go "I like all these things" and put them all together in their vehicle even though they don't compliment eachother.
__________________
My 455 Buick powered '46 GMC Build Thread

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Rat Rods Rule Inc.