BMW V8 powered T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vote would be no scoop. That engine and supercharger need center stage. Make something low profile to visually fill the space between the motor and cowl.

It would be cool to hide the air filter(s) so people have to figure it out.[S [S [ddd

I really want to like to the scoop, I've had it on other projects with carb'd SBC's and loved it. I can't say I like it on this application but it might look better then running an intake tube. Intake tubes and remote air filters on hot rods always stand out as weird to me too.

What about a tee above the throttle body with a cylindrical filter element on each side, horizontal and parallel with the firewall? They wouldn't be intrusive, get plenty of air, and won't interfere with the body lines. Just my '02... :)

What about a tee above the throttle body with a cylindrical filter element on each side, horizontal and parallel with the firewall? They wouldn't be intrusive, get plenty of air, and won't interfere with the body lines. Just my '02... :)
This has my vote. Maybe even tilt the plenum and filters down a bit. It would look good, but might draw warmer air. As Torchie alluded to, it should complement the engine.

As for the scoop, just send it to me. I'll take care of it. [ddd

If you really want to screw with peoples heads. [S
Do the T across the cowl and put 6 of these on there. 3 on each side facing forward.[ddd :p [cl
Torchie

Attachments

• JENE001001-2T.jpg
    JENE001001-2T.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 13
I know. I know, fiberglass..blah. I felt the same way about it, until I realized it's in my budget and if it gets hurt it's easily replaceable. Once it's painted it'll stick out a bit less.

I know. I know, fiberglass..blah. I felt the same way about it, until I realized it's in my budget and if it gets hurt it's easily replaceable. Once it's painted it'll stick out a bit less.
Paint! :eek:

Just pulling your leg. There is more than one awesome plastic car on this site. :D

Fuel tank arrived, I originally wanted a 5gal moon tank in front of the grill. But, 1) moon tanks are way too expensive and 2) 5gal isn't very practical. So this 16 gallon tank set up for an intank EFI pump will work just fine. I do plan to keep it exposed as is. Kind of an ugly mechanical turtle deck. I have talked myself into a roll bar and have a rough idea of how to make that work with the current set up.

At this point I've talked myself out of the carb scoop and think the modern engine looks better not trying to be dressed up as old school

All you need to start is a cowl that you can find on ebay. Not hard to piece together the rest with compound curves from the junkyard with your obvious skills Mykk. :cool:

I did want to start this discussion, but.... what he says ^^^^ real easy to save on paint cost too... :D
whistle.gif

I was going to make the body modular and set up the frame and mounting so the T could run & drive even without a body. Doing that I can run any body that will fit the dimensions. But for now I'll run what I've got.

please dont get me wrong Mykk. I totally love your build and I could only stand in your shade... Cant help myself, I`m a sheetmetalguy.... :p

I always liked the looks of this set up but it also had the traditional transverse rear springs.
I built a model of this when I was young.
I have no opinion of the fiberglass body.:eek: [ddd :cool: :cool:
[P[P
Torchie

Attachments

• Ed-Roth-Tweedy-Pie.jpg
    Ed-Roth-Tweedy-Pie.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back