Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a picture of what I'm thinking but basically a bumper bracket that wrapped around the bottom of the tank and put the bumper bar across the center line of the tank.

Ya know, I think the stainless steel tank is stronger than any tubular nerf bar I would make. Just trying to give it a more finished look.

BUT...It isn't quite right.

Last edited:
Ya know, I think the stainless steel tank is stronger than any tubular nerf bar I would make.

I agree, bob.

I'm with the KISS philosophy... Keep It Simple Stupid... 2.5" or maybe 3" tube bumper. (Fill it with lead for traction. :D)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bantam Butt 003.jpg
    Bantam Butt 003.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 89
Good observation Dr. C. I'm thinking the bumper has to be raised to around mid-tank. There's too much "stuff" below the body line.

B-Mav, I tried some push bumper ideas but didn't come up with a design that looked right.

Here's the latest attempt at a decent looking bumper. 2" tube with welded ends and brackets made from 1/4" by 1 1/2" bar stock. The brackets will be welded to the tube and the whole works bolted to the gas tank brackets.

Attachments

• Last Bumper 001.jpg
    Last Bumper 001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 68
  • Last Bumper 002.jpg
    Last Bumper 002.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Last Bumper 003.jpg
    Last Bumper 003.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Last Bumper 004.jpg
    Last Bumper 004.jpg