'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you guys forget. I built this body and could have made the quarter panels behind the doors a couple inches longer. Only problem is my gas pedal leg is a bit cramped. No worse then my Fiat. But I was intending this car to be comfortable for longer drives.

If I raised the seat to be more chair-like the leg room would improve. I wanted to keep my head below the windshield though.

Could have bigger problems with the trans. I'll drive it farther tomorrow and see if it shifts properly. Could be that the used trans needs a rebuild.

Last edited:
I didn't forget, I was just being polite. :D

Its not too late to break out the torch and welder. [ddd :D Of course I could say the same for my 39. But I am already in the mood for a new project, so it will just go up for adoption.

Keep at it bob.
When I built that custom truck I messed with the seat a lot to get it comfortable.
It’s amazing the difference just a little bit of adjustment makes sometimes .
Torchie

Before I concern myself with the comfort of the thing, I need to make sure it drives and mainly, shifts. To that end I drove it a mile today. Had to lift on the gas pedal to let it shift. I was satisfied with the ride, steering and even the brakes, although they need a final adjusting. Maybe the trans is one of those new self learning units and by driving it more it will cure itself.[S

On another front, I tore all the wiring out of my Anglia. I just made an electrical panel that fits by the shifter and wired all the switches, the fuse panel and a terminal strip. So far I have the fuel pump, tail lights and brake lights rewired.[P

Sounds like a modulator or vacuum issue. Is it hooked up, no cracks in the line and getting vacuum?

No vacuum to the torqflite OI. It has a pressure controlling valve normally operated by a system of rods and levers from the carb. Because I have a home made manifold and a couple carbs that system wouldn't work. I used a Lokar cable set up designed for this purpose. Much like a TV cable on a 700r4. Seems like it is just as touchy too.

Aaaaa
I guess I didn't read that you were using s Torqflite.
I had it in my feeble mind it was a 400 turbo LOL

There's a TH400 in the Bantam project, along with a 468 BBC. A slant six with a 904 torqflite in the roadster. Too many projects and I'm not doing justice to any of them.

And, I'm kicking myself because I didn't buy the '30 Chevy coupe you had.:eek:

Regarding making space inside the thing; I can make the seat back a little more upright so I can move it back, raise the seat a tad and change the back panel of the body to gain another inch. Or I could lose my gut.:D

I decided the gut stays.

So, across the back of the cab is a 1" by1" square tube. It was on the inside of the panel. Now it is on the outside. Thwe seat moved back the inch that was gained. Also was able to raise the seat 1 1/4" which helps a lot. My head will be in the breeze now, but what the heck.

Since it's a rat rod, a little one found its way into the bed rail. Another on the driveshaft tunnel. Who cares? It's a rat rod.

Attachments

• new 002.jpg
    new 002.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 44
  • new 001.jpg
    new 001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 41
  • new 003.jpg
    new 003.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 39
I've been making trips around the neighborhood working on the TV cable adjustment. Today I changed the cable bracket and the arm on the carb trying to get the right ratio. It's still shifting late but it is better. While it was out I took some pics in the yard. Looks like the rear should be raised a couple inches.

Attachments

• RPU Foto Shoot 002.jpg
    RPU Foto Shoot 002.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 36
  • RPU Foto Shoot 006.jpg
    RPU Foto Shoot 006.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 39
  • RPU Foto Shoot 007.jpg
    RPU Foto Shoot 007.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 37
  • RPU Foto Shoot 008.jpg
    RPU Foto Shoot 008.jpg