Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats good news. ofcourse now we need pics of Mr.T. cooking diner... :cool:

:D j/k

do you get some help at home? I`m sure your days are too short now....

As someone that spent 30 years in the kitchen my cooking days are few and far between now, dutch.[ddd
The biggest hurdle is finding some thing that appeals to Mrs. T. Her appetite has yet to return.
My youngest daughter was here for the past few days but now we are on our own. It's not a big deal now that Mrs T is home. Saves me about 100 mies a day of drive time.
There will be a home health care nurse stopping by soon.
I have also been dealing with our local bear coming to visit the bee hives. According to the neighbors trail cam pics it's about a 500 pound black bear. It won't be long and the bees will be heading down south for their winter vacation.
Maybe they should stay and I should go.:eek: :p [ddd
Torchie

I thought that today would be a good day to get back out into the shop.
I spent 15 minutes out there and called it a day.:eek:
I guess I'm more tired out then I thought. Now I've got two projects not anywhere near where they are supposed to be and "Winter is coming.":eek:[ddd
Torchie

Last edited:
you should move to kansas. not only are the donors in better shape but "winter" is called "chilly summer". :p

take a break! you earned it.

Started this frosty(34 degrees) morning out with doing a front brake job on my friends 65 Chevelle. He's getting married on Friday and wanted to drive it to the ceremony. Didn't get very far as the brake shoe were the wrong width. Looks like they gave him ones for a 6 cylinder instead of the beefier V-8 ones.:(
After he left I moved over to the Dodge for a bit.
Cut out the last of the old rocker and tacked in the new outer skin.
Not much, but something.
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks gang.
Next step will be to make the piece to fill in the rear quarter and tie it together with the inner rear fender well.
Then on to the floor.
I'm concerned about how much of the OG I will have to cut out to find some weldable metal.
If I have to replace the entire floor I may channel it a bit.:eek:
The ultimate custom. Chopped. Channeled and sectioned.:eek: [ddd :cool:
Torchie

Thanks gang.
Next step will be to make the piece to fill in the rear quarter and tie it together with the inner rear fender well.
Then on to the floor.
I'm concerned about how much of the OG I will have to cut out to find some weldable metal.
If I have to replace the entire floor I may channel it a bit.:eek:
The ultimate custom. Chopped. Channeled and sectioned.:eek: [ddd :cool:
Torchie
You are so close already, seems like a good plan. [ddd [ddd [ddd

Pulled my last sheet of 18 gauge sheet out of the rafters.
I'm making a sandwich template using some 1/2 ply that i have. I prefer MDS but it's what I have.
Traced the pattern and cut out both pieces together using the best hand jig saw I have ever owned. Cuts smooth as a hot knife thru butter.
Tomorrow I will cut out the pattern form the metal leaving enough over hang to form a flange on the curved section and on the bottom of the patch to bend under to match the rocker skin.
That's all for today.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 19