intake info

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat

this is the intake i want to run, looking at vintage speed 4 barrel adapters & two rochester 2 barrels on each side.thats around 1200cfm,thats alot of fuel for my motor.i really like the intake & should probley run 2 390 holley carbs...any thoughts would be helpful.thanks....

Attachments

• 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1093.jpg
    100_1093.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1094.jpg
    100_1094.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 6
I agree. 1200 cfm is a lot for a street small block....it would look cool though. Four Stromberg 97's would bring you down to 600 cfm's. The teo four barrels would also look good in my opinion.

That's a cool manifold.

the 4 barrells are probaly the right choice,speedway has a carb called the 9 super 7.any info on these.

Are 227cc intake runners too big for a stock cube LS1? Im really leaning towards patriot for my 243 heads based on cost..... and other information you guys can give me would be great. I also plan to run a ported 92mm intake manifold

Crossram's are VERY temperamental, they're tough enough to tune for street use with just two 4-bbls...I would say get ready for the long haul with plenty of carb gaskets, different size jets, and a whole mess of different heat range spark plugs, if you want to try and run 4-2 bbls on it!

I ran one on my 327/4-speed, '57 Chevy back in the '70's, and it took 3 different heat range's of plugs to get it to run right!

They do make adaptors for runnin 2 97's per 4 bbl. 4 strombergs would look kool. I got a dual 4 tunnel ram a while back for my future project. Did some research and 390 or 450 is the biggest 4 bbl holley that you would wanna run for the street. I , bein the ex-racer that I am, I'm wanna find 2 350 cfm Holley 2 barrels to put on instead. Plus I think those 2 bbl's will be easier to tune. Good luck on your carb quest :).

Latest posts

Back