Chevy Inline 292 Horsepower Ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy
Old thread I know but still interesting. A mate came around this morning talking about running a slingshot for a bit of fun. It will end up being my job to put some thing together for him and he has a pair of 292 I6's waiting for a rebuild so it seems a likely choice. No info on these here in Aussie so I'm interested in how this planned engine went?
Cheers
Tony

Here's another one.......

Attachments

• IMG_9746_resize.jpg
    IMG_9746_resize.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 26
292 motor

Retroboy -- Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, but I have been under the weather for some time, better now. I have put the 292 motor build on hold and I am running my "baby 194" motor in my SDRA dragster at this time. I plan on building the 301 motor this winter for next year. It takes a bit more machine work to put the 366 pistons in the 292 but it works out real nice. A local guy in Southern CA just did one, reat nice setup.

Offroadrolls -- That motor that you show, I believe is a 301 GMC. But I might be wrong as I am getting older as I write this. I am building a Chevy 301 (.060 over 292). The 194/230/250/292 all have the distributor in the side front and have side motor mounts.

I got to say, that is one nice looking motor, I wounder if all 5 carbs are hooked up? If they are with a nice cam it has got to make some serous HP.

Latest posts

Back