Remote oil filters

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Just planning out my oil filter and looking at adapter kits (460 Ford). Ford Motorsport has a whole kit for $80, then there are the jegs $59 kits. What are you guys using/avoiding? I can't afford the high dollar stuff. I'll be using clamp on hoses so I can also run a big Ford oil cooler off an E-350..

Sure, any of those kits would be fine, no real magic to them. Just double clamp the hoses at each connection if the barbs are long enough to permit it, and run your hoses away from chafing and exhaust pipes. Try to mount your filter somewhat at the same level as the adapter on the block so that oil doesn't all drain out and cause a dry start up situation or take too long to reprime.

Just out of curiousity, what are your reasons for wanting one in the first place, no clearance room for the old filter in it's stock location?

Don

Yeah, no room. I could use the econoline swivel mount but I figure remote will give me a little more cooling too. I am also trying to clean the engine up as much as possible. Both the alternator and power steering pump will be low mounted to the inside of the frame and with an electric pusher fan and electric fuel pump all you will see is a couple pulleys and the belts. The remote filter will clean up the engine a bit more too.

filter

there are 3 different filters for renault alliance, i think one will fit a ford and is very short, bought the ford kit at summit but wished i did not:rolleyes:
bud who did a t bucket used it to clear steer shaft its short very

I'm running a Volvo oil filter on the 302 in my Jeep and in my '27, it is like 3 inches long. I forget if 460's use the same base as a 302, but I think they do.

If anyone is interested, I can pull up the filter number for you.

Don

Latest posts

Back