Brassworks Radiators

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

west_coast

The Brassworks has been outfitting Street Rodders with radiators for over thirty years. With a vast collection of vintage radiators they can construct completely stock reproductions or a custom-built handcrafted rat rod radiators that fit and cool. Fax a sketch to 805-239-2545 to begin the process of building a custom radiators for your next project.

www.thebrassworks.net

Last edited:
I have a Brassworks radiator on my 27 and it has been there for about 20 years. It shakes because of the engine loping so it beats itself to death and has been repaired a few times by local shops, but it is still serviceable. I sent a drawing to them and they built it with a 32 top tank and model a bottom tank. Walker Radiator wouldn't build me one because my shell is chopped 8.5 inches and they said it would never cool. But the one from the Brassworks still keeps my engine at about 180 or so even on the hottest days.

I may send it back to you guys for a recore because it is just time after all these years and it does seep a little now. But overall I have been very happy with it.

Don

The only issue I ran into was one time a radiator shop that was working on mine said it had some "strange" solder in it that they had never seen. Something about the way it reacted when they did their repair. They guessed it might be because it was made in California and that State has some strict laws governing what products are used, so maybe it is some solder that isn't harmful to the environment or something.

I'll say one thing, they sure are H E A V Y !! :eek:

Don

Latest posts

Back