OK.....have a chance to buy some Buick

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the kid got some of it right....??????

The guy has 4 1957 Buicks that he bought to build one 4dr for his wife....he has already used parts from 3 of the 4 364's that he is rebuilding for his wifes car....he has one, the riv that he wants to sell the motor.... his kid pulled the hood (to use on the 4dr and didn't cover the open 4bbl on and it's sat open for 3 months...wouldn't turn over.....pulled two plugs and it don't look good....all I could see was rust around the piston top....pulled the drain plug and it was water for about 10 seconds then black oil....he wants $100 for the motor as is....the car is really rough outside a missing the hood, one fender and the rear bumper that was straight and is going on the moredoor... guy swears the motor ran prior to his buying....so I told him I'd give him a call back and made sure to cover the carb since I knew It was going to rain and it hasn't stopped raining since 7pm last night....the kid said he knows the motor was not locked up when his buddies dad bought it....apparently he bought the other cars after this one....so I'm going to take a chance and pick it up....I've done crazier things before...hopefully the kid is right and the pistons are only stuck on the crusty areas and not the crank....[P[S

Ok....paid the 100 bucks.....

Kid went over and pulled the motor out of the car last night....(part of the deal)..we've pulled the plugs, drained the oil and filled the cylinders with mystery oil and PB blaster combo.....we'll let her sit a while and see if we can break it loose....[P photos to come....it is a 364 and was in a 57 Rivi...wish the body and frame were intact....nothing usable....:(

Here it is....still wrapped up like a Christmas Present..

Sorry about the pics....just unloaded it out of the truck....we took the trans too...Not sure about how good the old DynaFlow is?? But for 100 bucks for both...figured somebody would need it....Anyway, here it is in all it's glory...

Attachments

• nail head 2.jpg
    nail head 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 12
  • nail head 3.jpg
    nail head 3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 15
  • nail head 4.jpg
    nail head 4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 14
  • nail head 5.jpg
    nail head 5.jpg