Carburetor throttle shaft stuck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBailey

Hi guys, I'm in need of some advice of how to loosen the throttle shaft on a one barrel carb. Its off of the 63 falcon wagon I have listed in the for sales section. I got it to start the other day, but really wanting to get the carburetor fixed so it will actually run. Thanks in advance for any help!

Spray it with wd40 and carb cleaner and lightly tap the ends of the shaft back and forth until the shaft will rotate.

I will give that a try. I've had it soaking in the parts washer for a couple days thinking that might help some too. Thanks!

I put that PB on a locked up king pin and walked away for about 5 min. come back and it was laying on the floor :D Just kidding but it does work better than others I have used .. soaking with anything that penetrates is good ...

TAP, is the key word...Hitting the end of the shaft will drive the throttle plates into the carburetor bore. Do not use heat. Working the throttle arm back and forth after soaking and then spraying WD as you move it back and forth usually works for me. I have been restoring carburetors for over 40 years.

weld on ............[;)

i myself can't stand the smell of pb blaster. i can wash my hands and still smell it 2 hours later. with that said, it does work.

Well the carb turned out to be junk anyhow. The venturi was broken and it was full of crap. I found another carb to use instead. Thanks for the help though guys!

Latest posts

Back