Decent looking IFS?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnybeach

I am interested in seeing decent looking IFS setups on fenderless cars/trucks.

I know "decent" is a matter of taste. :rolleyes:

I remember taking a photo a few years ago of a car that I liked at a show.... just can't seem to find it.

Found the pictures I was thinking about...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 148
What's your end goal for the project, I.E. why are you specifically wanting IFS?

You can get good ride and handling from a solid axle and they look so much cooler IMO.

That looks like a Mustang II kit. If that's what you want pick your supplier, there are tons. Fatman and TCI come to mind.

i have been building a budget roadster and used a pinto front end. i would like to cover it with fenders but we will see. car has been on the back burner for awhile as i have been dealing with low income and health issues but we fix'n to start on it again. i agree with the others the ifs just doesn't look right open but a roadster on the road for less then 2000.00 to me gives me the i don't care thoughts.

i have been building a budget roadster and used a pinto front end. i would like to cover it with fenders but we will see. car has been on the back burner for awhile as i have been dealing with low income and health issues but we fix'n to start on it again. i agree with the others the ifs just doesn't look right open but a roadster on the road for less then 2000.00 to me gives me the i don't care thoughts.

That's fair, my suspension parts for my 28 A RPU will cost me more than that before I even turn a wrench. But when it's done it will be exactly the way I want it in looks and performance.

You guys may be reading too much into this. I was just daydreaming and thinking about those pictures (that I could not find at the moment).

Carry on.

Built this one for a customer.
38 Ford bobber on air ride
I had a lot more pics but don't know where they are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 90
Somebody built a 32 back in the 80's that had a fully polished aluminum or chrome IFS that looked pretty good. Think it was in Street Rodder mag, may have even been a cover car.
No springs, they used torsion bars that ran under the frame sides.

Bama, you lit a dim bulb... there was a short-lived rag called American Rodder and I have a few copies somewhere.

I'll do some scouring and see if it can find the car I'm thinking of. It was on the cover and the front suspension was as clean and good looking as an IFS can be on a fenderless car. I don't recall if it was torsion bar or cantilever, but it was Bruce Crower built, that much I remember!

It might have been on American Rodder Dr C, I've slept a few times since I saw it.:D I do remember it was super trick, and high dollar.
I'm thinking it was early to mid 80's, but I could be off 20 years....

Latest posts

Back