1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the looks of it so far...old school style hot rod build?...always loved the tall skinny bias ply tires...really makes it look right when it is all said and done...

MikeC

That's the plan . Shortened bed, mild chop, front axel pushed forward, no fenders , maybe a V-ed spreader bar in front and round pipe rear bumper. All is subject to change.

A little progress. Split the wish bone and straightened in the press, welded bungs in for tie rod ends. Sand blasted bones and spindles. Ground welds off axle from when it was possibly a trailer axle. Sanded the axle and primed it all. Now waiting on kingpin kit from Ebay, front spring and brake kit from Posies. should be this week. Next purchases should be four bar kit for rear, rear coil overs, brakes for the rear end. Also steel for the frame. Any recommendations on a four bar kit? I was looking at Speedways universal kit.

Attachments

• DSC01320.JPG
    DSC01320.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01321.JPG
    DSC01321.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01322.JPG
    DSC01322.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 26
Spring came tonight, It's temporarily together so I can figure out height of front crossmember. Good thing I put it together. I messed up the math some how. and had it too high. Once the brake kit and king pin kit are here I will get an exact measurement .

Attachments

• DSC01323.JPG
    DSC01323.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC01324.JPG
    DSC01324.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01325.JPG
    DSC01325.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01326.JPG
    DSC01326.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 35
If you have the option to run heim joints vs. Urethane I would run heim joints. They make Universal bars with heim joints on them also. I don't like the way the urethane one hold up. I have used a couple sets and they get really bad wheel hop and the bushings have not lasted very long.

Not much to report. Ordered front end parts and 4 link for the rear. I went to ai swap meet And found rear coil overs and a set of block hugger headers that won't work. May be building a set of lake styles. I also picked up the steel for the frame. This was all on Friday. While at the swap meet I got a call from my oldest that her car was broke down. After dealing with that when I got home My wife of thirty years told me she was leaving me and left for her new apartment. So I'm EXTREMELY overwelmed and anxious . so bear with me. It may take a lot more time to figure life out and get on track.

Latest posts

Back