best ban for buck wire harness?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just kinda curious what harnesses you guys have bought to wire up your rods or did you just buy spools and do it yourself? just trying to buy a few things I know I need little at a time for the 49. I have plenty of background in electrical and such... (doesn't mean I like it) Been a tractor mechanic for roughly 10 years so thoughts and opinions please :D:D

I bought the 17 circuit harness from Speedway, have yet to install it, but it looks good. All wires are labeled every 6" or so. I wanted the extra circuits for later when I add AC, power ports, stereo, etc. It was way cheaper than a Painless Wiring harness, probably the same one.

I would have just did mine circuit by circuit, but finding enough different colored wire is hard to do around here, and I'm color blind too, so the labeling helps me a bunch.

E Z

yep, E Z are pretty good.

l got a couple of them in my rods and l like them. good support, l was stuck on a few things and called there help line and the problem was quickly solved.

Later:cool:

I use wire. Solder and shrink tube each connection. My hot rods are primative and don't require much wiring. And I enjoy the way I do it.

I use wire. Solder and shrink tube each connection. My hot rods are primative and don't require much wiring. And I enjoy the way I do it.

I'm the same way! I don't have much for fab skills or body work talent, but I have wired a bunch of stuff...Making it all look neat and in place is a challenge and trying to make a workable easy access panel will be one of my efforts.

i keep buying universal harnesses from ebay
$65 for the first one
then the next time i needed one it went up to $90 for a 12 circuit.
work great
wires are labeled every six inches
i figure
why flush money down the toilet getting one with a cool name?

I've used EZ Wire but prefer Rebel Wire! Bob is always available to answer questions, the wires are bigger and the lettering on the wires is larger which is a must for old eyes!

Toad

I prefer Rebel Wire too! Instructions are really easy and printing on the wire's bigger and is actually every 6". Not a big fan of EZ, printing on wires is too small for these old eyes.

Beercan

Latest posts

Back