Jeep Woody ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddRodsGarage

Shanew is new from Tenn. and wants to build a Rat Jeep .. while I was looking at some jeep builds I cam across this .....

While not a rat I can always appreciate when someone takes the time to make something their own ... with quality ... this was posted on Cleveland Ohio Craigslist...

“1960 JEEP WILLYS 4X4 ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD LIKE THIS. BODY IS HAND BUILT FROM MAPLE AND CHERRY 1” THICK GLUED AND SCREWED EVERY 4 INCHES 10 COATS OF SPAR VARNISH. TITLED AND STREET LEGAL. A MUST SEE.

Attachments

• 1960-wooden-jeep-1.jpg
    1960-wooden-jeep-1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 1960-wooden-jeep-2.jpg
    1960-wooden-jeep-2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 1960-wooden-jeep-3.jpg
    1960-wooden-jeep-3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 38
Wow Snake ......... like they say , the mind never limits the idea into reality , I would like to see something like this up front and personal ..

I have to ask ... did you see an cracks from driving up the road , or was it a trailer queen ??

Oldog

Both great examples of the wood workers art....
And unlike some home built woodies these 2 examples show great technique. Notice how the rear corners of the jeep are dove tailed as well as the curve to the A body as well as the details of the box. Not just straight up and down or squared.
As a long time wood boat guy I have seen some amazing things built.
With the current techology you could build a wood car body like that Jeep or the A that would have less chance of cracking from stress than steel.
I have had long term plans to build a single seat racer style wood body on a T chassis to utilize my wooden boat skills. Question is weather or not I will get around to it.

Great pics.
Torchie.

Both that Jeep and the A are works of art. I love the curves in the cowl, hood, and front of the front fenders on the Jeep. That's skilled craftsmanship.

The curve in the doors on the A is subtle but exactly as it's supposed to be, I bet that took some patience...

Latest posts

Back