Used the Tig welder at work today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

Got some seat time on the Miller 350LX Syncrowave today, need lots more.
Welded some aluminum with mixed results. Some of my welds looked good but not very good penetration. I'm sure I'll improve tomorrow.

I told the owner of the company I planned on going to Cleveland and taking the aluminum tig welding class and he said he'll pay for all of it.[cl
DSC00129.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry....so busy being a smarta$$ that I

didn't give you cudo's.....i've never used a tig and if I did, I'm sure mine would be like crap..... with a bit of practice and that killer machine..I'm sure you'lll be laying down a bead like no other.....[cl

It looks great. When I first brought home my TIG, I welded everything I could. I had seams that had chunks of filler rod sticking out the back side, and holes where the whole thing fell through. Aluminum is hard to get a handle on, but with practice, it is a ton of fun. You will get there, no doubt.

OMG, just starting to get good at MIG. Maybe one day, but I don't weld for a living either! [S

ISore

Looks far better than I could do....

or at least I think I could do....since I've never used a tig...but they do look "smashing"....(feeling a bit odd today)

I'm Sorry CD....

Damn, I got all excited for nothing, thought I actually had some actual comments/critiques/advice on my welding[S

Carry on

I was in a rare form that day..... as I said, if I tried to tig anything it would looks like crap...... your's look darn good to me....I apologize for my tyrate.....:eek:

Latest posts

Back