hey bonehead imma fan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used to be on here, but lost the ole name, so i made a new one. bonehead you are an awesome artist and i dont know if you would share a few secrets or not, i am a farm guy so welding was learned early. and iv always built fence and gates, but a friend approached me to do a tattoo arm rest and i wanted to post it. and wanted to ask you a question. the arm rest needs to move in a 180 pivot. is there a place that sells the metal already made to make it do this, or what is a way i can make the arm rest pivot. here is a pic of the stand so far, i made it out of the rear end gears of my mustang after i sheared them, and my ole ladys a arm. lol

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/acquireditems/bike/armrest.jpg

tell me your ideas or comments, everyone

I can't seem to get your picture to come up. But I have been using the rear hubs from 3/4 ton pickups lately to make things go around in circles. They have sealed bearings, and are 4 bolt on one side, and 8 bolt on the other. I get them from a buddy who has an auto repair place. You could put the bearing at the bottom of the base and the top will spin.
If you need it to lock, use the bolt holes and put a spring pin in, and it will lock in any of 8 positions.

aaaah that makes since, thats a unique idea. your skulls are awesome, what do you use for the skull its self? i remember a truck that you built a year or so back that was just amazing. the guy bought it from you and painted it black and red and resold it... the paint didnt do it justice. i havnt been able to get that truck out of my mind ever since i laid eyes on it.

i remember a truck that you built a year or so back that was just amazing. the guy bought it from you and painted it black and red and resold it... the paint didnt do it justice. i havnt been able to get that truck out of my mind ever since i laid eyes on it.

I think you are thinking of somebody else, not my truck.:confused:

no im pretty sure it was yours because thats what made me start looking at your stuff. but either way your talented in what you do. im still trying to figure out what you use for your skulls. iv already got another idea for a another arm rest, im going to attempt to make a skeleton arm and hand should be interisting

Everybody wants to know how skulls are made. Skulls can be made from anything, from a sheet of steel to any curved piece if metal. You can even curve several pieces and weld them together. The main thing, is you have to get the concept into your head that it is as much welding as it is art. Just because you can paint a house, doesn't mean you can paint a painting.

This was a sheet of cold rolled steel when I made this.....

P7290003.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't already. you fellas should go to his website and look at the stuff he has there. He is VERY talented.

Thanks Gas, I have been trying to get an update on my website for the past few years, but seems like I can't seem to get it done. I have tons of newer projects to add to it.

Latest posts

Back