Is it possible to.....???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meyek91974

I got a freebie Ford Falcon rear end which has a 4 x 4.5 lug pattern and I want to use/get/find a +/- 10" round 1/4inch steel plate to make an adapter for using 8 x 6.5" Ford E350 steelie rims.

I want to evenly space the four lugs so that they're "between" two of the or each of the eight lugs. - does that make sense?

So I can bolt the 1/4" plate to the real lug bolts/nuts and have new grade 8's for new lug bolts to mount and use the tall narrow steelies.

Is this possible? expensive? what?

Sure, it is possible, but very difficult. You will need a lathe, and a drill press, and something heavier than 1/4 plate. They need to be perfectly round, centered, and balanced. My guess is the 4 bolt pattern will fit in the center hole of the 8 bolt rims.

If you don't get this right, the wheels will not balance, and the wheels will turn out of round, making the tires, higher, and lower with every rotation, making the whole thing probably come off the ground at speed. This will shake the car to pieces, and be very unsafe.

I have done similar things with offroad mud racers, and monster trucks, but they never saw the road.

i made a set like that for my dad chevy axle to vw rims. that car has not seen more than 4 miles and 45 mph. yep to everything that bonehead said (typed, whatever) I made them on a cnc mill, all true to center within thousandths. get good measurements and a shop to make it. Hint, don't say it for on highway use. insurance thing, my shop can't build any for flight or highway. i made that set not the shop. just a guess but out of 3/8 plate $150-200/set

Man seriously stop trying to use a rearend that is worthless and just get something that is going to work and be easy to get parts for if need be - cutting corners on a car is not the way to do it and the parts don't all have to be vintage or old build this thing the smart way

Latest posts

Back