37 GMC grill-opinions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattoodfreak

I've been working on my 37 GMC-taking off the body parts and fixing what needs fixed, inner door sturcture, rockers, latches ect. So I got to the radiator housing I fixed the bottom where it was smashed in pretty bad. The grill itself was in bad shape and missing some parts. Below you will see what I came up with to replace the grill-it's not completly done,just setting in there-but you get the idea. I plan on making a skull for the hood right above this and some bone hands to hold the head lights-you guys think this is too twisted???

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 53
I dig that ALOT, that is a sweet idea!
Sure looks like my unknown grille shell... hmmm, I wonder if what I have is a GMC grille..

Thanks-I did some more work on it last night-the tail bone area. I'll post some more pix-gonna be gone for a week or so-vacation!!!!

.....if ya had one! :eek:

Personally I've always thought those early GMC grilles looked kinda 'mish mashed'.......like thy couldn't decide which way they wanted the bars to run :confused:[S

I like the creativity on the 'rib cage' grill TF! Kinda "Boneheadesque" [S Is that even a word? :D

Thanks!-I've checked out boneheads work-that's quite a compliment.

Did some more work last night-I've got a little more to do yet-but for the most part it's this is how it's gonna be. Really all that's left is the top mount needs finished-I re-inforced the upper and lower areas where the spine mounts-cause this things kinda heavy. I also made it so you can remove it-but the mounts are pretty much hidden-I plan on using leather laces to make it look as though it's just tied to the grill housing.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 15
Crazy!!! My 39 is going to be a "scary" ****ed off themed truck. Your off to a good start.

Latest posts

Back