Keg Tank - Who has em?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding! I had to do a double-take on wether or not I was on a dirty website.

Agreed on the airline fitting comment. Maybe you might want to consider fuel valves from a motorcycle that thread into your keg. They make various sizes to fit different diameter hose. Aftermarket stuff for fuel valves is pretty massive...

Dumb question...

why not just put a fuel sending unit in with a gauge from a car/truck?

Fuel sending unit? I'm going to on the assumption you mean fuel pump, if that's the case the pump is on the motor.

I guess now would be a good time to ask, I'm running a 241ci straight 6 - what size line and fitting (inside diameter) should I run?

Fuel sending unit? I'm going to on the assumption you mean fuel pump, if that's the case the pump is on the motor.

No, I'm an idiot. I just finished working on some new songs with the band, and the loud noise hurt my brain...

I meant a fuel gauge sending unit...you know, electronic. Goes from tank, to gauge on your dash.

Maybe this thing?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLP-AGT-BFIK90/

Or maybe I should just shut up and go lay down now...

No, I'm an idiot. I just finished working on some new songs with the band, and the loud noise hurt my brain...

I meant a fuel gauge sending unit...you know, electronic. Goes from tank, to gauge on your dash.

Maybe this thing?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLP-AGT-BFIK90/

Or maybe I should just shut up and go lay down now...

Gotcha! You're right, I'm wrong :p

I think that my sending unit is bad, plus I'm okay with the idea of running a odd ball style fuel gauge lol kinda like the idea

Gotcha! You're right, I'm wrong :p

I think that my sending unit is bad, plus I'm okay with the idea of running a odd ball style fuel gauge lol kinda like the idea

Ok, so under the assumption that the keg is aluminum? You'll need those aluminum bungs I sent in the second link I posted. Since we're talking about a container for gasoline, get someone who's a GOOD aluminum welder to weld them in.
Keep in mind, fuel is pretty potent stuff, so you'll want to use some pretty good fuel line, and not just any old clear tubing.

I'm not saying anything groundbreaking here I know, but I've used some bad fuel line on bikes I've built, and it came back to haunt me...

And, here's a nifty idea for your fuel lines:

rather than just using boring clear line, try this:

get some RIT fabric dye, which I believe there are tons of colours...put the dye+water in an old pot. Boil the solution and then put your fuel line in and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

VOILA!!! Custom coloured fuel line!!!

I buy old kegs (the barrel looking type) antyime I come accross them. I have about 30 (and I dont even drink :D ). Only 2 of them are aluminum, the rest are stainless.

Unless they do it different in Canada, no, they are all stainless. I used to think they were aluminum too, untill I started tigging one on the wrong settings,lol.

I'll get to the bottom of this keg mystery soon. My sister's man is a bartender at some swanky restaurant. He'll have a definitive answer for me. :D

IF, your kegs turn out to be aluminum (but I'll bet they are stainless) I would be curious why?

I went out and looked at the different kegs, and I have some repeats, but most are different beer brands.

Some older kegs are aluminum, especially the smaller "pony" type, but most newer ones are stainless. Pretty easy to tell the difference, especially when you pick it up. ;)

Latest posts

Back