Where to buy sheet metal?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6uzz6

I'ts been awhile since I did anything on my 36, other than cut. I have diecided to channel it after all. I now need to get my hands on some tin to add to where I cut the floor away from the body. All I can find is small 12" X 24" 16 ga sheets on line. Can someone hook me up with where I can get bigger, longer sheets?

What you need to find is a steel supply house in your area. You may have to buy a full sheet, but sometimes they have "drops" that are cut off pieces they sell at a reduced rate. Or, some will sell you half a sheet or whatever. You are probably needing 18 ga, or possibly 20 ga., but I like to work with 18 ga.

I don't know if any of these are close to you, but here are some listings in Louisiana.

Don

http://www.whitepages.com/business/LA/Pearl-River/Sheet-Metal-Fabricators-Equipment-and-Supplies

Thanks, A few of them are within decent driving range of me. I didn't think to check metal fab. I thought the floor of my 36 would be 16 ga. I would rather work the 18ga.
Eddie

I know this is a little old, but Speedy Metals is great. Cheap prices and shipping. When you call you can order any size metal you want. I am lucky to have one nearby where I can pick metal up.

Latest posts

Back