latest bonehead metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a little ( really little) different project, a frame and body for My son's RC rock crawler. Father son project. Bent some brake line, (following Gastrick's how to bend brake line thread) welded it up into a cage....
side.jpg

Freakin' Cool...! There's nothin better than the feelin ya get buildin Cool stuff for your kids.. Way to go Bonehead...:)

I'm with you,, some of my greatest moments have been shared with my kids ,, watchin them race karts and mini sprints.

I thought I had better add this one to this thread. Found a bunch of bowling balls at a junk store and thought this project up. He is balanced there at the hip. The cycle is welded down.
ballancingman.jpg

Hey Bones, long time since we last past each other........:p.......I am really glad to see you are back to feeling some what better from last year. It took me nearly a year to recover from my back surgery, but it was worth the time to recupe as well.
You are a very special and tallented person in our rhelm of rad rods too. I guess I can speak for most of us, you are more of an icon to us and we all love your tallents. I only wish I could do some of the work you make look so simple.
Have a great X-Mas and best wishes to you and your family.:rolleyes::D

Maximo

Thanks Max! Really nice and very touching sentiments. My back is still getting better, I know it will never be back like it was, but it is good enough for me to get back to making things, which, besides my family, is what I live for.
Merry Christmas, to all of my extended family on the big triple R.

Bonehead,

Without a doubt, you sir are a master welder! That piece is a work of art.
What would a piece like that cost a fellow?

And Merry Christmas to you and yours.

You are a very special and tallented person in our rhelm of rad rods too. I guess I can speak for most of us, you are more of an icon to us and we all love your tallents. I only wish I could do some of the work you make look so simple.

Maximo

You said that very well Maximo! I agree with that 100%. That's exactly why I asked Bonehead to fabricate my air cleaner cover for my 51 F1. Just having something he built on my truck will be a real honor. If anybody can make what I want work - he can! I'm gonna keep it under wraps for now but after its finished I'll post some pics. It's a pretty cool idea and I'm really surprised I haven't seen it done already.

Thunder1

Wow, Bonehead. That is one cool shifter. Awesome work as always. :cool: '22
Thanks 22! Always good to hear from a serious art collector such as yourself. :D

thats awesome BH, lot of creativity and talent, take it ez with the back, been there and got the t-shirt:D
Thanks 55, I am doing pretty well now at well over a year since major surgery, but limited to 40 pounds of lift. :rolleyes:

Very impressive. Not as a shifter, but as art. Even cooler that it's a shifter.
Thanks Sam, At the rate that I make them they are both. Sad news is, like all great works of art the value will only go up after I die.:eek:

Is that for sale?
Custom made for a Rock Crawler Buddy of mine. His wife is driving his rig alot now and he is giving it to her for Christmas. His request was, " a female skull" " kind of girly". But you know me, I had to make it a little scarey too.

You said that very well Maximo! I agree with that 100%. That's exactly why I asked Bonehead to fabricate my air cleaner cover for my 51 F1. Just having something he built on my truck will be a real honor. If anybody can make what I want work - he can! I'm gonna keep it under wraps for now but after its finished I'll post some pics. It's a pretty cool idea and I'm really surprised I haven't seen it done already.
Thunder1

I got a box today, but have not opened it yet, It is at the shop, so I'll look at it tomarrow, and send you a PM.

Latest posts

Back