led flasher

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this for the Vettster? I haven't figured out yet why they say what they say about LED lights for turn signals. I'm running LEDs on the fronts of my 31 and everything I read told me I needed a flasher designed to run LED lights. But, I'm running a regular 2 prong flasher on my set-up and it works....[S

If there is a filament bulb in the line it will provide enough resistance by itself to activate the flasher. I will just have to use filament indicator lights to make a regular flasher work. Yep it's the vettester.
Thanks for replying SF.

If there is a filament bulb in the line it will provide enough resistance by itself to activate the flasher. I will just have to use filament indicator lights to make a regular flasher work. Yep it's the vettester.
Thanks for replying SF.

Thanks for explaining that! I'm running LED on the front and on indicators, but filaments on the rear lights...

Led's have to be wired the right way or they won't work. Try changing the wires from one post to the other.
This polarity adapeter is a nifty little device
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/11107/10002/-1
555-11107.jpg

This is how it works

LED%20Taillight-25.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking you might need the polarity adapter OldIron mentioned. An LED flasher works regardless of what's in the system, it works off a timer rather than resistance as a regular flasher does. So if it's not flashing, it's probably either the polarity of the flasher or something else in the system.

The LED's themselves have to be wired correct polarity also or they won't work.
Check your LED's with a battery to make sure you have them wired right, some of them have colored leads and some don't.

My daily driver is a Scion XB.

Very important that you have the polarity correct with LEDs as you can toast them. I leaned this the hard way wiring the after market tail lights. :rolleyes:

Yes, you can you a regular flasher with LEDs, as long as you have a filament bulb in line.

Latest posts

Back