36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sale1, The real problem is that the rest of the world is more practical than I am and sometimes doesn't build anything that fits into my artistic dreams. I am trying to run a stock 1936 Ford speedometer head at the correct speed, from a '87 Chevy five speed. The different hookups and threads are only little wee annoying challenges to overcome; it's the speed ratio that seems to be a way off.

Sale1, The real problem is that the rest of the world is more practical than I am and sometimes doesn't build anything that fits into my artistic dreams. I am trying to run a stock 1936 Ford speedometer head at the correct speed, from a '87 Chevy five speed. The different hookups and threads are only little wee annoying challenges to overcome; it's the speed ratio that seems to be a way off.

Seem like that's why people are using GPS systems for speedo's these day Mac.
Keep at it. You will get it working.
Torchie.

I think so Sale1, although I don't want to change the driving gear inside the extension housing because I'm lazy. I ordered the fastest driven gear I could and used it but maybe the partsman screwed up. My speedometer head also registers in miles an hour, [as all Canadian ones did until about 1977] and I hope to change it to kilometers while I'm at it.

O i see the part you have ordered should get you into the range where you can fine tune it with trans speedo gears. I had the speedo in a 1985 mustang re calibrated from 85 mph to 180 mph,so i guess it wouldn't be a problem to re calibrate your to read kilometers.

Yes Sale1, what you said, plus I've drifted away from the '36 while I'm waiting for that little transmission to come in. There are three other projects receiving my attention now and life keeps happening, too. The other happenin' things are a Massey-Harris 33, a 1968 Dodge Super Bee, and a 1934 Plymouth five window coupe, none of which have build threads yet. :D:D

Yes Sale1, what you said, plus I've drifted away from the '36 while I'm waiting for that little transmission to come in. There are three other projects receiving my attention now and life keeps happening, too. The other happenin' things are a Massey-Harris 33, a 1968 Dodge Super Bee, and a 1934 Plymouth five window coupe, none of which have build threads yet. :D:D

Just what I was afraid of Mac.:eek:
Your attention has been diverted.:D:D
Torchie.

Merc your situation sounds like a friend of mine.He has 7 projects one that he drives and 6 others for now until he finds another one he likes.But you know when i was working on my truck he wouldn't let me stop till i was driving it.I am about that bad myself i have 2 projects myself 46 ford coupe and a 80 fairmont wagon.

Hi sale1, You're right I've gone off the deep end. The '34 Plymouth is new to me and it shoved the '34 Dodge Pickup down the list one more notch, which pushed the '50 Ford coupe down, which pushed this coupe down. It's a '48 Monarch that I'm going to put with that '47 Merc right beside it.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 31
Hi sale1, You're right I've gone off the deep end. The '34 Plymouth is new to me and it shoved the '34 Dodge Pickup down the list one more notch, which pushed the '50 Ford coupe down, which pushed this coupe down. It's a '48 Monarch that I'm going to put with that '47 Merc right beside it.

What's that pretty red effie?

Snopro, I thought you'd notice the neat tractors in the background, but no, you saw my daily driver, a 1955 Mercury. This will be the nineteenth summer I've been driving it.

Attachments

• 55 Merc front right.jpg
    55 Merc front right.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 55Merc pass.jpg
    55Merc pass.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 18
Snopro, I thought you'd notice the neat tractors in the background, but no, you saw my daily driver, a 1955 Mercury. This will be the nineteenth summer I've been driving it.

That's a good looking truck!!

I honestly didn't notice the tractors until you pointed them out. I've been around the old tractors all my life but when there's a shiny red truck in the picture the tractors might as well not exist ;).

Where in Northern AB are you anyways? I grew up in the Clyde/Westlock area and still end up out there lots, I figure you might travel through that area...

Snopro, I live twenty miles south-west of Grande Prairie. I do go though Westlock sometimes because I have a couple of step-sisters living around there. Brenda and Glenda.
Thank you on the truck, guys.

Snopro, I live twenty miles south-west of Grande Prairie. I do go though Westlock sometimes because I have a couple of step-sisters living around there. Brenda and Glenda.
Thank you on the truck, guys.

Ah, I see. That's nice country up there.

My dad still has an automotive repair shop in Westlock, right along Highway 18.

Latest posts

Back