36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go, Mac. I'm sure you didn't build your truck to collect trophies, but it is nice to be recognized for building a cool hot rod.

Last edited:
Thank you, Guys.
You are right Bob, I didn't build it to win trophies but it's sure nice to get one once in a while. The votes at this show were from the other entrants only, and most of the truck guys, all of the bike guys and maybe some of the car guys, built there rides so their appreciation was heart warming. You guys are all BUILDERS, so when you show your support I just beam. Thank you.

I have not been happy with my gas gauge since I installed it, and the few times I've tried to fix it, it got weirder. This time I took the dash apart and replaced the gauge unit completely. There was still some weirdness but I kept taking the gauge back out again and changing little things until I out ran most of the gremlins,.... I think. It shows a strong 3/8 of a tank now and it may not be lying this time. [cl
The last picture is redder because I held my finger sorta' over the flash to try and stop the glare. [S

Attachments

• IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 29
Time to get ready for summer cruizin', so I dug the '36 out of cold storage and started taking it apart. I want to lower the back end again but make it so it doesn't bottom out on the big frost heaves. The extra spring leaf that I put in last year is coming back out and I'm installing coil over helpers.
Also I took the rear fender off as I'm going to paint the fenders satin black. They are just Gelcoated right now.
Second also Guys if you're using wheel adapters as I am, check the tightness of the inside bolts once in a while.

Attachments

• IMG_1467.jpg
    IMG_1467.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1468.jpg
    IMG_1468.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 23
Here's the passenger side sewed up pretty well. The fender is not painted yet but I'll do the two back ones together, after a lot of prep work, [you guys know the drill].
The drivers side is taken apart and the extra leaf is chucked off to the side.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.jpg
    IMG_1481.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 22
Here's the passenger side sewed up pretty well. The fender is not painted yet but I'll do the two back ones together, after a lot of prep work, [you guys know the drill].
The drivers side is taken apart and the extra leaf is chucked off to the side.

Looking good!! I need a little help on the rear of my Dodge.
What coil overs did you use? When I fill the fuel tank up it's gonna be about
1" to close on the fenders.

Nice work on the fuel gauge. Kool.

POPS, I hesitate to give out any advice just yet as I haven't tested this out. The coil-over shocks are for a Ranger and give 1200 lbs. help. I thought that was too much so I cut about two inches of coils off the coil over springs and put them back on the shocks. The springs now, don't extend completely when the shock is stretched to full length, so I don't know how it will work or sound, [clunking maybe]. The truck rode nicely without that third leaf, but the rear-end hit the rubber stoppers when going full speed on the highway and hitting the frost heaves and sunken culverts.

POPS, I hesitate to give out any advice just yet as I haven't tested this out. The rear-end hit the rubber stoppers when going full speed on the highway and hitting the frost heaves and sunken culverts.

I need to do something I think but will have to wait and see how it goes.
I'll be waiting for the results of your test. Just don't mess with the going
"full speed on the highway". Hammer down!!

The drivers side is done, now. I will put the wheels on and get to work on painting the fenders.
How's this for rotten luck, POPS, by the time I get to test drive this truck in a few days, the government will have fixed the worst stretch of highway heaves because they started working on the four lane last week. I'll be buzzing down the bottle smooth new blacktop getting inaccurate data. :D Oh well, I'll make something up. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1483.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 18
Nice job on the fenders. I think Neverdone would give you 20 bucks each for them to put on his home-away-from-home. :D

I'm planning on a set of those overload shocks for my Lincoln. It wants to wag it's tail a bit on the highway, hope they might stiffen it up enough to stop that. Let us know how much stiffer they make the truck ride.

Latest posts

Back