36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do Bam. I think these coil overs will work nicely under your car.
Skip. We will never know how good they would look on Nevers trailer, because,--------He's NOT getting them for 20 bucks.

I sanded down blobs of hardened body filler today so I didn't take any pictures of that. And I'm here to tell you, "No pictures does NOT mean it didn't happen".

I used load carrier shocks on the back of mine. They're the same idea, coil spring on the outside of the shock. They're direct replacement for the S-10 (since mine uses an S-10 frame) and they help it from bottoming and also seem to help transfer weight/power to the rear wheels. I don't think they raised the back much, but they did stop the bottoming. Mine may be a little different though because even with lowering blocks the shock mounting location doesn't change.

Well, I was sitting out in front of the shop, [sanding my brains out] in beautiful weather, when I heard a strange honking sound. Flying over the yard were eight trumpeter swans. They are slightly bigger than whistler swans and they talk while they're flying, like Canada geese do. Trumpeter swans are extremely rare, [when I was going to school I was told that there were 32 birds left, but they have been reproducing vigorously ever since so there might be a couple of hundred by now].
Then my fox walked past but he didn't stop to watch me, [probably thought sanding was boring].

Snopro, you must have been writing at the same time a I was. Yes, your system must be more like a car suspension and that would work better than mine. Bama's Lincoln should accept those load helpers gracefully, too.

I have a set of Fox body Mustang shocks on it now that take the springs, but I used the springs on something else.:rolleyes: I put them on to mock up the shock brackets and crossmember, and haven't changed them yet. I made sure to leave room for the springs, I just need to get a new set for a Fox body and they will bolt right in.

Bam, you're half way to the bank, laughing, [chopping a metaphor]. You even know what length of shock that will work.

Tonight I went to my first cruise night for the year. I took the '55 Merc after a little swearing and carb tinkering. The old truck worked flawlessly, once I got it started.
pic one is looking past the '55 at the back of a chev.
pic two is pretty nice little chev
pic three is more of a lineup.

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 24
Snopro, you must have been writing at the same time a I was. Yes, your system must be more like a car suspension and that would work better than mine. Bama's Lincoln should accept those load helpers gracefully, too.

My suspension isn't like a car. It's leaf spring suspension, where the leafs are mounted below the axle (from the factory). The plate below the springs that the U-bolts bolt through are also the shock mount. So when you add lowering blocks the springs and shock mounts stay in the same place but the rear end just moves up. So I can still use all the stock components, shocks included :)

My suspension isn't like a car. It's leaf spring suspension, where the leafs are mounted below the axle (from the factory). The plate below the springs that the U-bolts bolt through are also the shock mount. So when you add lowering blocks the springs and shock mounts stay in the same place but the rear end just moves up. So I can still use all the stock components, shocks included :)
That's how my S10 chassis works. Just like a car.

Attachments

• Rear2.jpg
    Rear2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 32
Skip, you beat me to it. I was going to say that Snopro should get away from those GM things and start working on Fords or Dodges so he could see real car suspension, just like on an S10 pick-up. [ddd You almost cost me an opportunity to poke my finger in a Chev guys eye, but I weaseled it in anyhow. :p
Snopro, that is a nice looking 53-54 ? chev, but I didn't figure out who brought it. I got to 'meet and greet' a lot of old friends there, so many that I almost didn't get my supper.
I have been picking away at my back fenders a little. Here they are body filled and sanded off. Since the pictures I have reprimed them and hung them to dry.
I got more than half of the lawn cut, too.

Attachments

• IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 11
Skip, you beat me to it. I was going to say that Snopro should get away from those GM things and start working on Fords or Dodges so he could see real car suspension, just like on an S10 pick-up. [ddd You almost cost me an opportunity to poke my finger in a Chev guys eye, but I weaseled it in anyhow. :p
Snopro, that is a nice looking 53-54 ? chev, but I didn't figure out who brought it. I got to 'meet and greet' a lot of old friends there, so many that I almost didn't get my supper.
I have been picking away at my back fenders a little. Here they are body filled and sanded off. Since the pictures I have reprimed them and hung them to dry.
I got more than half of the lawn cut, too.

Thanks for the tip, if I want a car that rides like a truck I'll get a Ford or Dodge, but for now I'll stick with my smooth GM car suspensions [ddd

[cl

My rear fenders are sanded for the last time, [I think] and are sitting there ready for paint.
Snopro, one advantage of an S10 truck suspension over a Ranger is if you want to lower your hotrods rear you can just put lowering blocks in under the axle housings, on top of the springs, not with a Ranger because the rear-end is under the springs.

It was a beautiful day out today, so I had planned to paint my rear fenders , after the lawn mowing was finished. All went well until I was washing the paint gun out, all done. I had even found a nice place in the shop to put the wet fenders. There was this funny clunk, flouuump, flouump sound from outside. A little gust of wind had sprung up I guess and knocked one of my sticky fenders off of its painting perch, onto the grass and old leaves. Then it wallowed in the trashy lawn for a while. I don't mind telling you that I cursed right out loud a few times, -----and then brought the fenders in and hung them where it was safe.

Attachments

• IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 38
Character, smaracter I would then be in the group that welds a coyote trap and cultivator shovel on their doors so they can call the car a RAT rod. I once saw a 50 Ford truck with rub bars out of a combine welded on the hood, not even for structural support as it was a perfectly good hood. I don't want to be in that group. I sure did want to be done with that painting, though.

Latest posts

Back