Mini Starter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Okay the mini starter ( High Torque ) style has left me dead. Hit the switch and nothing, even used a jumper and push button switch. I have new cables and ground is good. Bat has good volts amps according to load tester.... So any one ever take one apart and look inside?
I am going to guess its about the same as any other starter.

Any help will be great.

Thanks

52 fordman

Bypass the solenoid first, that will tell you if it's actually the motor or just the coil of sol.

Starter

Thanks.
I did a check on it and going to see if i can clean up the contacts in the solenoid. New one is about $45 of which i do not have now...so cleaning and inspection it is.

Thanks

52 fordman

Starter update

Well lets go back and i will let you know its a MSD high speed dynaforce 3 hp #MSD5095 starter.
So now that you know what i have i will tell you that i got it apart and solenoid is not repairable... but it felt like something was lose inside so i took it all the way down as far as i could. Lots of metal shavings, this was a new starter with very little use. its just older as it sat for a few years while between cars and trucks I am guessing it had been grinding since it was new. So now i have new garage art!

Well back to the piggy bank and saving for a new starter.

Thanks

52 fordman

Latest posts

Back