Shocking!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
The Nova had a lil stumble in it especially under 40mph. The headers are very tight in the engine compartment so I was a lil worried I may have broken a spark plug or something so I started to pull the wires off around the dizzy to see if I had broken one. When I pulled one wire I noticed another wire looked like it arced over to its neighbor. 1st let me note... I have a MSD spark box on the car. Anyway... when I went to pull the wire off that looked like it was arcing... lo & behold... it did indeed arc... to my finger. That was not pleasant!!! I replaced that wire pronto & now... numb finger... no stumbles!

BoB

The Nova had a lil stumble in it especially under 40mph. The headers are especially tight in the engine compartment so I was a lil worried I may have broken a spark plug or something so I started to pull the wires off around the dizzy to see if I had broken one. When I pulled one wire I noticed another wire looked like it arced over to its neighbor. 1st let me note... I have a MSD spark box on the car. Anyway... when I went to pull the wire off that looked like it was arcing... lo & behold... it did indeed arc... to my finger. That was not pleasant!!! I replaced that wire pronto & now... numb finger... no stumbles!

BoB

Now you have the stumbles instead of the car having them?

Usually, when you get zapped by a spark plug wire like that, you do more damage when your head hits the underside of the open hood. I have hit my head more than once when I got lit up by some stray wire. :eek::eek:

Don

Usually, when you get zapped by a spark plug wire like that, you do more damage when your head hits the underside of the open hood. I have hit my head more than once when I got lit up by some stray wire. :eek::eek:

Don

...or your elbow when your hand desparately tries to let go of what just grabbed you....

...or your elbow when your hand desparately tries to let go of what just grabbed you....

I remember back in the 70's the early Dodge electronic ignition module on the fire wall would bugger up and if you touched it it would reflex your arm/ elbow back into the hood hinge causing a nasty cut.:eek:

Seen an old guy put his fingers on the plugs on a flathead 4cyl and kill it out! Those old plug wires didn't have an insulator on the ends, he would just lay his hands on the open wires and hold them there until it died out. Didn't ever seem to affect him, I don't think he was all there anyway!:eek:

Maybe i'm a little off [S
The best way to check spark on a one cylinder is to hold the wire and pull the rope or kick the pedal, what a way to start the day :D

Maybe i'm a little off [S
The best way to check spark on a one cylinder is to hold the wire and pull the rope or kick the pedal, what a way to start the day :D

Just make sure first gas isn't coming out of the spark plug hole......:D:D
don't ask......................let's just say, glad it was outside (riding lawn mower)

Latest posts

Back