A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bob w Made the toe board frame and toe board. Got some other floor framing done. Then the angle grinder/cut off wheel got in the way of where my thumb wanted to be.[/QUOTE said:
I thought I was the only clumsy O.F. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2547D8B5-19C9-470A-9FE3-371984FA43F4.jpg
    2547D8B5-19C9-470A-9FE3-371984FA43F4.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 22
Thanks to my lightening quick reflexes not much damage was done. Used to be all thumbs, now I'm trying for no thumbs.:eek:

Another piece of 3/4" plywood, another crossmember and an aluminum plate over the trans hole. The body is so high that there is almost no trans hump. A flat plate does it. Moving farther back I intend to put a bulkhead behind the seat. It will be sheet metal. The corners are curved at the top and taper to a flat at the bottom. Gonna have to think about this for a bit.

Attachments

• More Floor 001.jpg
    More Floor 001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 21
  • More Floor 002.jpg
    More Floor 002.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 20
  • More Floor 003.jpg
    More Floor 003.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 21
A bit more trimming, some bracing and some fastening and the floor and rear bulkhead is done.

Attachments

• Bulkhead 002.jpg
    Bulkhead 002.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Bulkhead 003.jpg
    Bulkhead 003.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
Yes, Old Stuff, I use plywood foorboards now and then. They are a good thermal insulator and can be stained to look nice.

Went out to the wood pile and reclaimed some cedar deck boards. With my trusty Sawzall I cut 'em up to make a mock up seat bottom. You know to get the dimensions right for the real seat. At this height I look through the middle of the windshield. Lots of leg room too. Now I can get the gas pedal, brake pedal and steering wheel positioned comfortably.

Attachments

• seat 001.jpg
    seat 001.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 17
  • seat 002.jpg
    seat 002.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 19
  • seat 003.jpg
    seat 003.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 18
That's mighty cool. Will you be making your own seat?

I'm thinking hard about it in the '30 but have never done that before. Looks like it could be fun, and will have to find out what kind of foam to get etc.

That one tuff seat [cl
???[P???
That's just a mock up, but you never know...It looks pretty "rustic", like a barn find would look.

In the interest of using up stuff I have, I'll probably use these burlap sacks. Potato sacks for the back rest and a coffee sack for the bottom. Stick foam inside them. Maybe start a fad.

Attachments

• Burlap 001.jpg
    Burlap 001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Burlap 002.jpg
    Burlap 002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Burlap 003.jpg
    Burlap 003.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 25
That's just a mock up, but you never know...It looks pretty "rustic", like a barn find would look.

In the interest of using up stuff I have, I'll probably use these burlap sacks. Potato sacks for the back rest and a coffee sack for the bottom. Stick foam inside them. Maybe start a fad.

Aren't those potatoes going to be lumpy? LOL Love it!

Mac, I might have enough burlap to do the door cards too. Watched a few You Tube presentations on making cushions without sewing.

Today my body told me to work easy and work short. I made this master cylinder/pedal bracket. The master cylinder was free from a UDS member, I don't remember who. But thank you. The pedal arm was from another project and was languishing in the attic waiting for its revival.

Got to put the steering box in to locate the column first. then I can locate this assembly. Unfortunately the engine has to be raised a bunch to get the steering box in place. Then it goes back to its resting place. Tomorrow. Included is reminder side shot. Keeps me motivated.

Attachments

• Brake bracket 001.jpg
    Brake bracket 001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Brake bracket 002.jpg
    Brake bracket 002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Brake bracket 003.jpg
    Brake bracket 003.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Brake bracket 004.jpg
    Brake bracket 004.jpg