69 Fairlane 500 Fastback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Well, guys some of you remember my T bucket project that I traded for this car a few months back. I yanked the 351w out of it, and installed a 429 with c6 behind it. Pretty much stock except for straight up timing set up, aluminum intake, ported C8 heads from a thunderbird, and new 750 Holley carb. I pulled the shiney aluminum wheels off the car and sold them. I'm going for a NASCAR/ Road course car on this project. Got the motor in and was able to crank it up last night. What a sound. Here's a few photos of the install on the new motor.

One more. I eliminated the two inner headlights and took the stock air cleaner and modified it with two snorkels, for a functional cold air system. I used the old headlight buckets along with some 4" EMT sleeves, and clamped flex hose to it and up to the air cleaner. Nothing fancy , but very functional.

Can we hear it run? I love the fast backs!

Got to get the exhaust hooked up , then I'll have a video of it running. It sounded sweet last night with no mufflers. Hahaha. Gonna start building a ram air style hood out of the stock one tonight. I needed more room for air cleaner and one wire distributor. Gonna build up the hood about 3" .

Ok, I'm getting stoked now. I will have the final work done on the exhaust when I get home this evening. I went ahead a put an H pipe crossover in the exhaust as an added performance boost. I will have a video of this monster running this weekend. Still have a couple of small things to sort out. My power steering hoses may need to be changed out for some longer ones. It seems the hard steel lines may be too close to my manifold . Wouldn't want a hose to blow and start any under hood fires. They may be fine, bit they just look a little too close for me. One of them is about 2" from my down pipe on the drivers side exhaust. Yikes. Will post video this weekend.

On another note, I decided to make the front clearance turn signals go away. I plan to remove them and install some rectangular type side markers , then put turn signals in the front bumper . All of the eyebrow trim is going away ,along with the trim at the rear of the car. Will update as I go along.

Ok, massive fail on my part. No photos , and I didn't even go into the shop yesterday. Had kids leaving from spring break, and another one needing car repairs for work this morning. I plan to get in the shop this evening and crank her up and do a video. Shame on me.

Man,I love that car! That 429 will be killer! A friend of mine had one with a 390 +4 speed.One day ,I was at his shop,in his back yard+he cut himself very bad.I drove him to the E-room,in his car.He said ,I scared him so much,he forgot he was hurt.

Well, it seems I can't load a video on here. Actually, not sure how to go about it. Thought I could download it onto photobucket, but no can do.

LOL! You can build a killer RPU in a week and a half out of leftover parts but can't figure how to do a picture? My kind of guy! :) I can't even post a plain old picture...but then again, I'm old and stupid. Hope you figure it out 'cause I sure want to see it.

LOL! You can build a killer RPU in a week and a half out of leftover parts but can't figure how to do a picture? My kind of guy! :) I can't even post a plain old picture...but then again, I'm old and stupid. Hope you figure it out 'cause I sure want to see it.

Hahaha, I can load a photo, but just not a video.i think it may be that I'm using an iPad instead of desk top.

image.jpg

This is what I have so far. Able to drive it in and out of the shop.

image.jpg

A shot of the motor. I notched the shock towers so I could actually change the spark plugs . Hahaha. Starting the body work. Just have a couple of small things to repair on the body.

Latest posts

Back