Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Torchie, I'm glad I spotted it before it rubbed a hole in the pan. I had the thickness of my hand clearance when I last looked at it. Good reasons to go back and check your work!

Haven't really did much lately other than the occasional drive. Finally got around to putting in a new set of spark plugs and a new set of Accel 8.8 wires. Seemed to make it run a bit better.

I had pretty much neglected the interior, still a few more things I want to change or improve upon, and carpet was one of them. So, after 8 years of ownership, I figured it was about time! We were looking for a lineoum rug for the house bathroom when I came upon some 6' x 8' rolls of carpet at Home Depot. It's not high dollar stuff, but still it's an improvement! The old carpet had been in the car as long as I've owned it, I washed it out a few times with the pressure washer, but it was worn out. After about a half a days work, I've pretty much got it covered. Biggest thing was getting the 300 lb seat out and back in! Not as bad when you take the cushions off the frame, but still heavy!
Still have some trim to make and put on, and working on a center console design, but not happy with that yet enough to show.

Attachments

• DSCF1620.jpg
    DSCF1620.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1621.jpg
    DSCF1621.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1623.jpg
    DSCF1623.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1624.jpg
    DSCF1624.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 25
Working on a hidden sound system Glen. One of those deals where I know what I want, have it designed in my head, but isn't working out in materials. I'll get there eventually, not in any hurry.

Bama, have you looked into picking up a receiver with bluetooth? Placing a bluetooth operated speaker requires no wires. The sound is incredible! My buddy has one speaker that we use when working outside, he turns on the truck receiver and just places the speaker outside near the truck and we get jams all day. Just a thought.

Small foot, Iā€™m pretty simple. Iā€™ve got an old school NOS AM/FM cassette I bought off of eBay a few years back, never hooked up new in the box. It wonā€™t fit in the stock radio hole, the factory knobs are wider apart than this radio. So, Iā€™m going to hide it behind a hinged faceplate on a console. As to speakers, Iā€™ve got two
marine grade 4ā€ speakers to go up front under the dash out of sight, and am going to get a couple of 6x9ā€™s to go in the rear shelf, itā€™s already set up for them. All will be hard wired. And I will be running a power hidden antenna.

About the only time it will ever get turned on is when Iā€™m by myself.

Finished up the door jambs today. The step plates came from a 00's Lincoln Zephyr I got some stuff off of at Pull a Part a while back.

Attachments

• DSCF1626.jpg
    DSCF1626.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1627.jpg
    DSCF1627.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 15
Spent the weekend building and installing the console. First design went all the way up to the dash, but it looked like a big box under there, so I punted and started again. Sorta copied the console that is in the Firebird, but only in shape. With some CAD designing {cardboard aided design} , I cut this out and assembled it, piece by piece. While it looks like expensive wood, it's actually mobile home furniture scraps {think bookshelves, TV cabinets} that I picked up years ago and hung onto. Original plans were to make speaker boxes out of it for the house, then I bought some nice speakers, then I just about quit turning the stereo in the house on. I wanted a semi modern AM/FM with two knobs, and didn't want to cut up my dash or have it exposed. Radio is hidden, and the other door hides a small storage compartment for sunglasses, papers, smokes, whatever. The chrome letters came off a 90's or 2000's Lincoln Zephyr. Also installed a power antenna that hides into the fender in the stock location. Radio works pretty good, but I'm going to have to get some better speakers and maybe a small amp to drive them. Pics make some things look crooked, but they are straight....

Attachments

• DSCF1630.jpg
    DSCF1630.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1631.jpg
    DSCF1631.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF1632.jpg
    DSCF1632.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1634.jpg
    DSCF1634.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
Lookin' good Bam! I had that exact same cassette deck in my 75 Monte Carlo, so proud of having upgraded from the old 8 track deck..[cl
I added a Craig PowerPlay EQ/booster and Jensen speakers, thought I was king of the world :D

Latest posts

Back